Help me pick Borla vs MAC

ManNmachine

John 3:16
Established Member
I been looking around and listening to different clips, but I haven’t seen any with LTs and Off Road H combo with Borla Stingers. Before the LTs my flows and off-road H pipe sounded pretty good, but after LT install it got quieter and drone more.

My new set up gotta be loud and rumble, with no rasp. I have to keep the off road H pipe, I don’t like the X pipe.

If you have heard in person or if you have this combo with MAC or Boral commet on your experience.

Should I go MAC or Borla?

FastNick01

Established Member
I would do Mac. I have the 2.5 system with an ORX. It is loud when I'm on it but keeps the deep tone throughout the RPM's.
I've heard borla as well on plenty of Cars and In my opinion they sound real nice, but I would only do them with a catted mid or a prochamber, otherwise the sound would just be loud with no actual tone to it.

ManNmachine

Established Member
I would do Mac. I have the 2.5 system with an ORX. It is loud when I'm on it but keeps the deep tone throughout the RPM's.
I've heard borla as well on plenty of Cars and In my opinion they sound real nice, but I would only do them with a catted mid or a prochamber, otherwise the sound would just be loud with no actual tone to it.

Looks like no one has the MAC 2.5ss in stock

FastNick01

Established Member
Try and get a hold of TRE Performance, they had a couple systems last I checked, I ordered my Mac SS 2.5 directly from mac, TRE's email to me was a little too late. It took a month to get to my door. Mac is all made to order

I honestly wouldn't have it any other way, this catback was everything I wanted plus the SS version polish's up real nice. As for fit it went in perfectly within 30min

vladSVT

KB FTW
Established Member
If you don't want any rasp then go MAC + prochamber or H, it will have a less raspy sound then borla. I have orx with stingers and its raspy...

f2hatch

Established Member
I vote for MAC I never been a fan of the Borla sound. Here is my set up. I have long headers off road x pipe and mac mufflers welded in a MagnaFlow cat back
[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sH7t1ypqsms"]YouTube - 2004 cobra mac mufflers[/nomedia]

G2Mach1

Cameltosis
Established Member
Borla.
I have had them before with off road X and Bassani Mids headers. They were loud as all hell for a Daily Driver and nasty when you go WOT. With an H, they will sound great.

I sold the Borlas and changed to Magnaflow CB for years with off road X. Nice sound for sure. Wife is tired of drone and smell behind car.

Bought and having some Bassani high flow cats and Borla Stingers put on right now!

ManNmachine

Established Member
I vote for MAC I never been a fan of the Borla sound. Here is my set up. I have long headers off road x pipe and mac mufflers welded in a MagnaFlow cat back
YouTube - 2004 cobra mac mufflers

Your car sounds great! That goes to my fav.

I ordered the MAC 2.5 SS, from what I read and heard it should make out for what I am looking for. I appreciate all the inputs!

Users who are viewing this thread