Help Me pick a Nitrous Kit

swallent

Established Member
Hey guys Im not terrably new to the 4V cobras...but to Nitrous I am. I have a 98 Cobra with the following mods:
IMRC Deletes
373 Gears...
SVT focus fuel pump.
SCT mail order TUNE
thats all so far. but I have about 1200 to spend...maybe a little more. Im going to be adding Long Tubes and an Offroad Xpipe...Im planning on getting my tune revised. I was thinking I might be able to find a few more bucks to add a N20 Kit but Im lost when it comes to them...

Wet...Dry? :??: Plate no plate????

What do I do with the car you ask....its a Weekend Cruiser/Toy...only with 24K on the orgional motor. I plan to still cruise it however Im interested in getting to the track...and also having a few fun shots on the onramps and back roads with it. A supercharger you say? well cant afford it right now...and I have a hookup on very cheep bottle refils...so...Help me pick out a Safe Setup for a mosty stock motor.

Wynn

Wants 11's
Established Member
Ask 10 people and you'll get 10 answers. I researched A LOT before I bought mine, and it seems like a wet kit is the way to go. There is like an extra 10 minutes to install the fuel solenoid- you just unscrew the shraeder valve on the fuel rail and put on your line to your solenoid instead. The wiring is the same- you combine the wires on both the nitrous and fuel solenoids to the ground and to the power. With a dry kit, you rely on your injectors to pump enough fuel- with a wet kit you don't have to pray that your fuel injectors pump extra fuel for you.

I'd recommend a wet kit. I bought the Dynotune kit. So far, no complaints. Its only been on for about 3 weeks though.

swallent

Established Member
thanks

Hmm I can tell I need to do some more homework. Im playing with the search button here...guess Ill try google. thanks for the input....anyone else have any thoughts?

97cobra1

Established Member
Nitrous is something i'm planning on having put on my car by the end of the year. I've looked into a few different kits. I think i've decided to go with theHarriss Speedworks wet kit. Basic kit is 350.

Bouttime09

Oh, it's not 5.0?
Established Member
all the reading and searching i have done...when i do get one i will be going with the zex wet kit. price and ease of installation does it for me. american muscle sells it and all the goodies. check out their how to vid on installing it...i cant wait.

jakesspv6

Established Member
so Zex or NX? i do not know which to get. i've heard good things about both but i kind of like the ease of installation zex offers. also, what are other ideas on hooking the system up to the intake without drilling?

Wynn

Wants 11's
Established Member
My Dynotune kit was pretty easy to install. The actual kit is a piece of cake, it's just the time it takes to run the lines, and the wiring isn't hard but it's just time consuming. The window switch was a bit more tricky, but only because I tapped into the computer. The bottle heater was easy as well, but again just time consuming.

Whatever kit you go with, I would recommend soldering all your connections and using shrink wrap tubing. I wired mine this way, and didn't have to do any troubleshooting whatsoever. It is SO nice when something works right the first time.

4camwonder

Established Member
NX wet kit

/thread

I would agree with you if you had said "TNT wet kit, /thread"

on my 97, I went from a NX wet kit to a TNT wet kit, and with the same size jets picked up almost 40hp at the wheels.

TNT = :bowdown:

Users who are viewing this thread