Help Me Pick a New Phone

TDMCobra

Ringside.
Established Member
Well my plan ends in August so I will be getting a new phone very soon. I have Cingular, if that matters. I was really looking at the Blackjack, one of my friends has it, claims its badass. I made the mistake of going cheap the first time around getting a phone, dont want to make it again. Looking for something with a shitload of bells and whistles to be honest, good camera etc. Aint it ridiculous thats part of the criteria now?:-D Oh well, what do yall have/recommend?

grimreefer

Anthrax Resistant
Established Member
I just renewed my plan with Cingular/AT&T and upgraded to the Samsung SYNC phone (I don't like the "blackberry" type) and am very happy with it. Here's a site where you can compare the different phones including the blackjack: Link

agentsmith5150

Established Member
I have a Blackberry Pearl through T-mobile and its the best phone ive ever owned...ive owned the blackjack/sidekick/treos....i go through phones fairly quickly lol...and this is one of my favorites compares to the iPhone capability wise...but takes it one step further with updates and 3rd party Operating Systems/applications to suit the specific user.. i mean it dosnt have a touch screen. Used my girlfriends iPhone and it tends to agrivate me seeing as i have big hands/fingers. so the keyboard frustrates me with her phone...the pearl is by far the best phone ive ever owned/used. it really depends on what kind of phone you want...do you want a full keyboard do you want a Qwerty? or just basic..if you have any questions about some up there phones just PM me ..ive used most of them.

aaandht

Established Member
I, too, have the sync. Love it nice camera on it too, mp3, ect. Was my first new phone in several years(Nokia 3530 or something like that, first color phone),as long as it makes calls I'm happy. But now bluetooth, mp3 player, music ring tones, CAMERA!? I feel so spoiled, especially for $25

GHIG RTR

Banned
You wanna stay away from the Iphone until the beginning of next year when they release a newer addition on the 3G network ;) .

Matts00GT

Mongoloid Mike
Established Member
I have a sony ericsson w810i. Theres probably a newer model of it out now but I absolutely love the phone.

It uses a small memory card that is upgradeable that you can put MP3s on. It also has a very longlasting battery and has a 2 megapixel camera. Most other phones at the time only had a 1.3 mp camera.

Id highly recommend one of these phones or one similar.

NO-BlkLightning2K

Putin 2016. Yup.
Established Member
is cingular on the same network as at&t? if so, get a cheap phone and switch to a better provider when your contract runs out, because i hear at&t has one of the worst networks out there.

snakecharmer03

Cobra Guy
Established Member
I have a Blackberry 8830 and love it. It is the business version of the Curve which is a consumer model(has a phone). These are awesome for emailing/text and surfing. I have 4 mailboxes flowing in including my business email from a Blackberry server. it has a full keyboard and great sound, plays videos and photos via Micro SD and can be used as a tethered modem for a laptop....pretty cool.

Quick96Mystic

Mystiiiiic wowww
Established Member
I didnt like the black berry pearl.. i got a Sony K800i (european) with a 3.2 MP camera and i've never enjoyed a phone like i've enjoyed this one

Almost 8 months, i've dropped it, smacked it against things, got it covered it in oil, had it slide down the side of a small hill and even stepped on it and everything works perfectly on the phone

There is a new model coming out, K850i.. you can only guess what the 50 is for.. 5.0 Megapixel camera on a cell phone! That is the only thing i am going to replace my k800i with.. no iphone or blackberry for me. :beer:

Matts00GT said:
I have a sony ericsson w810i. Theres probably a newer model of it out now but I absolutely love the phone.

It uses a small memory card that is upgradeable that you can put MP3s on. It also has a very longlasting battery and has a 2 megapixel camera. Most other phones at the time only had a 1.3 mp camera.

Id highly recommend one of these phones or one similar.

08snake

Formerly 03snake
Established Member
snakecharmer03 said:
I have a Blackberry 8830 and love it. It is the business version of the Curve which is a consumer model(has a phone). These are awesome for emailing/text and surfing. I have 4 mailboxes flowing in including my business email from a Blackberry server. it has a full keyboard and great sound, plays videos and photos via Micro SD and can be used as a tethered modem for a laptop....pretty cool.

I have the same phone with GPS and 2gig removable storage. This phone is awesome for business. Try the curve if a camera is a must. The external speaker on the 8800 series is quite impressive....Like mentioned above, i dont worry about airport wireless anymore, just hook up my phone and I'm on line......

Shaneo0oMac

Established Member
istockphoto_2537656_tin_can_phone.gif

EATONURLS1

Established Member
i Manage a Cingular store, Do Not Get the Blackjack, that phone is horrible, there is a reason it comes with 2 batteries. I cant hold a charge. Get the 8525 because its just like the I phone only its on the 3g network and to me its alot better then that apple product also witht he iPhone you need additional services to run the phone that can cost you about 30-40 more a month for alot of nothing. if you dont want a PDA type phone then Sync(as said above me a few times)is a good choice along with the Nokia N75 another awesome 3g device. Blackberry phones are pretty impressive but I myself like to have a touch screen. The curve is not bad but again no touch screen.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread