Help me pick a hood! Pics please!

svtmadman

Established Member
I'm raising the engine up to get it off my steering shaft. It rubs slightly and steers heavy not to mention the added vibrations. Im planning on raising it up and re-pulley, re-tune for 19lbs of boost. Im really digging the KR hood from Shelby Parts. I beleive i will end up painting the stripes on the car like a Super Snake. Any ideas of suggestion for this next phase?

Shawn:beer:

Van@RevanRacing

I'm raising the engine up to get it off my steering shaft. It rubs slightly and steers heavy not to mention the added vibrations. Im planning on raising it up and re-pulley, re-tune for 19lbs of boost. Im really digging the KR hood from Shelby Parts. I beleive i will end up painting the stripes on the car like a Super Snake. Any ideas of suggestion for this next phase?

Shawn:beer:

Shawn

have you checked out trufiber? I've done a number of hoods with them and had great success with fitment and quality. And they have a KR look that works with 1/2 engine lowering mounts or the BMR K-Member and the KB 3.6.

Give me a shout and I'll try and find some pics for you.

Van

svtmadman

Established Member
That looks amazing! Is it a carbon fiber hood? The hood vents looks like its all one piece? Hows fit, finish and cost? Will this hood clear a 3.6LC WITHOUT lowering the engine?

Thanks

BTW Van the injectors are boxed along with the programer and are ready to ship monday.

Van@RevanRacing

That looks amazing! Is it a carbon fiber hood? The hood vents looks like its all one piece? Hows fit, finish and cost? Will this hood clear a 3.6LC WITHOUT lowering the engine?

Thanks

BTW Van the injectors are boxed along with the programer and are ready to ship monday.

You will need 1/2" engine lowering mounts or a 1/2" engine lowering K-member along with the hood for clearance on the 3.6 KB

Thanks for getting the injectors and tuner heading my way. :beer:

Fit and finish has been excellent and required minimal adjustment. The hood with shipping depending on options is around $900

svtmadman

Established Member
I guess i will pass on the trufiber, im picking the engine back up. I really wanted the all carbon peice they haveon theyre website. It looks sick.

Van@RevanRacing

I guess i will pass on the trufiber, im picking the engine back up. I really wanted the all carbon peice they haveon theyre website. It looks sick.

You know what also will work is a Cervini's cowl hood and I had one customer that didn't have to lower the engine with his 3.6.

Users who are viewing this thread