Help me pick a car....

BMF42

Drive it like u STOLE IT
Established Member
The time has come once again to get another car. I'm looking for a daily driver for the months of April - October :)(Michigan:(). It sucks but I only drive my cars for half of the year. The other half I drive by truck. Since I've been taking my '96 Cobra to the track I just don't drive it very often (Swaybar, switching wheels, rough suspension). I don't want to spend too much, but I do want a decent car that's going to get the job done.

I really only have my eye on 2 different cars. I just don't know which one to go with. I do know that my next car has to be a Cobra. Its just a personal preference. :beer:

Car 1
1999. Its blown :burnout:and has a decent suspension. Kinda high miles but oh well. I think this is a pretty good price.
http://www.svtperformance.com/forums/cobras-buy-sell-244/552721-fs-99-cobra-supercharged.html

Car 2
Its a '97 but a pretty good price makes me keep looking. Again kinda high miles. Should be a good DD
http://www.svtperformance.com/forums/cobras-buy-sell-244/529540-gi-1997-rio-red-cobra.html

So what would you do?
If you have any advice on the cars please feel free and let me know what you think.

BMF42

Drive it like u STOLE IT
Established Member
Oh yeah there is no traffic where I live, and I work 2 miles from my house.

Last edited:

COBRA97SVT

Established Member
Al
why dont you buy the 03 conversion in the market section? I saw you sent him a message. Its a little more money but damn that thing looks bad. Plus its closer to you, being in Chicago.

If you have the money get the one i was talking about if not buy the red 97.cant beat the price

Last edited:

BMF42

Drive it like u STOLE IT
Established Member
Al
why dont you buy the 03 conversion in the market section? I saw you sent him a message. Its a little more money but damn that thing looks bad. Plus its closer to you, being in Chicago.

If you have the money get the one i was talking about if not buy the red 97.cant beat the price

Believe me, i really wanted his car. I'm not the low baller type, and I really don't want to spend that much on daily driver.

With the 99 I'm either going to drive 22 hours in my V10 with my trailer to pick it up or pay a transportation company to bring it to me. I just don't see myself paying for a car without seeing it in person.

If I buy from fatpaul my brother in law lives in Austin (who I trust) so I would just have him look at it for me.

All in all IF I go with the 99 I am going to be paying $4k more.

BMF42

Drive it like u STOLE IT
Established Member
Its a pain when you're trying to get a hold of someone to talk to them about their car, with no luck. I've been trying to talk to fatpaul for the last 4 days with no answer. Does anyone have a phone # or e-mail? Thanks

Al

svtcobralover

Established Member
Get the 97 because its half the price and for the price you are going to pay for the 99 you can build the motor on the 97/

Users who are viewing this thread