Help me out with my LFP Cold Air Kit

MILIGHTNING

Established Member
I have a 2002 Lightning, I bought the LFP Cold Air Kit in September. So far I cant keep the filter on the bracket that mounts to the fender. I have tried to space it out further with washers and a longer bolt. But still doesnt work. Plus the foam tube falls off all the time too. Does anybody else have this problem or know how to fix it??? Thanks

Last edited:

MILIGHTNING

Established Member
Ok I am not stupid so I bought a junk product. The team jdm looks the same. Is it.

LIGHTNING LARRY

Retired
Super Moderator
Originally posted by MILIGHTNING
Ok I am not stupid so I bought a junk product. The team jdm looks the same. Is it.

Whoa ! No one said you were stupid. It was all in fun. Didn't mean for it to come off that way. The JDM CAI is a nice piece.

:beer: :beer: :beer:

MILIGHTNING

Established Member
No its cool, I am new to the lightning thing so I guess I should have looked around. But the Jdm is the best on the market right now??

LIGHTNING LARRY

Retired
Super Moderator
No its cool, I am new to the lightning thing so I guess I should have looked around. But the Jdm is the best on the market right now??

There are several good ones. But I like the JDM kit. :beer:

MILIGHTNING

Established Member
I seen Johnny Lightnings intake I like that one. Have you heard any bad things about it.

blownsvtlightning

Established Member

Its all a matter of preference. Everyone has his/her idea of what is best, while others just buy items based on the vendor that sells the product. I suggest working with what you have even if it means having to mod the piece a little bit. Of all the cold air kits I have seen and installed on trucks for people I hae found the anderson ford power pipe to be the most difficult to install, but once on and everything done it turned out to be a nice piece. But many diasagree. Bottom line. take what you have and make it work. If still unable to get the results you want, call LFP for assistance.

Last edited:

H-Town

Established Member
I have that kit on my '02 and have no problems. I used windshield sealant to adhere the foam tube to the end of the filter. If you used the right screw to connect the holder to you shouldn't be having any problems. I will try to take a picture.

MILIGHTNING

Established Member
Thanks for all the help. I am going to try the sealant. Thats a great Idea. I used the right screws. Its like the bracket does not stick out away from the fender enough for the filter to rest in it. I have been waiting for a nice day to work on it more. But in Michigan its to cold to think about it.

Brian Baskin

Established Member
Have you contacted Mark @ LFP about the problem? I'm sure he'll help you out. Some people here are a little... biased :) So it may be hard to get support for non-JDM equipment.

Users who are viewing this thread