Help me out guys.

Feary

Established Member
Just picked up my car in Texas Friday. I love it, its alot of fun! He put the little yellow Cobra R decals on the rims and they are peeling off, it looks kinda crappy with them halfway falling off the rims so I just want to take them off. But if I peel them off I guess there will be alot of sticky stuff left on the original Cobra R emblems. What should I use to take that stuff off? I was thinking just go buy some Goo Gone but will that damage the original Cobra R emblems? Let me know what you guys think I should use to take it off.

bbp42d

shakin not stirred
Established Member
Originally posted by Feary
Just picked up my car in Texas Friday. I love it, its alot of fun! He put the little yellow Cobra R decals on the rims and they are peeling off, it looks kinda crappy with them halfway falling off the rims so I just want to take them off. But if I peel them off I guess there will be alot of sticky stuff left on the original Cobra R emblems. What should I use to take that stuff off? I was thinking just go buy some Goo Gone but will that damage the original Cobra R emblems? Let me know what you guys think I should use to take it off.
i would try rubbing alchol

mystic venom

Established Member
if u'd like to keep it yellow I think that Dugan Racing still sells the cobra r caps in different colors I know they do blue and I thing they do in yellow.

Feary

Established Member
I got them off good. I also wanted to ask this question before and forgot about it. I just got the car and one of the rims really looks rough. Its curbed about all the way around, and one spot is ready to chip off. You can see the bubble and its just about to flake off im sure. The rest of the rims look pretty decent. I dunno if I should buy a new set of rims or just get 1. But I think one rim will look alot newer than all the rest of them if I go that route. What do you guys suggest?

monkeyspunk79

A Van Down by the River.
Established Member
Get the set. I'm going to have to do this as well, one of my OEM's has a dent in it, and I don't want to just get one shiny new one, and have the other 3 look 6 years old. JMO

Users who are viewing this thread