Help me identify this coil over setup

Kryo-Genik

My meat is hand rubbed
Established Member
I bought my car, and it came with coils overs, which I am kinda happy about...and I hate.
I hate that when the install was done...no clearancing was done on the drivers side so when you hit the wheel to a hard right or left you can hear it clunk.

Anyways I need to replace the struts and springs as these ride rougher than I like...and well shit I honestly dont know what spring or strut is in the thing. So im begging for help guys.

I think the coil over kit is a UPR kit and the strut looks to be a strange...right now this is the best I can do pic wise so please forgive me.

coil.jpg

A few more crappy pics

coil2.jpg

coil3.jpg

coil4.jpg

Now if this is a upr kit that makes life easy for me. I am thinking of These struts. However i would be open to hearing some suggestions for a decently priced strut I can use with this setup. Right now shes daily driver duty and I drive hard. I have no plans to hit the strip right now, I just need a decent replacement strut. Also I dont know if the spring can be identified on looks alone, but if anyone knows lemme know.....the original owner doesnt remember at all

Last edited:

rowapr

car part addict
Established Member
if its a strange adjustable and you have cc plates that may be where your clunk is coming from. current upr coil over kits have a blue sleeve. those look like older strange sleeves. new kits are silver/black

Kryo-Genik

My meat is hand rubbed
Established Member
if its a strange adjustable and you have cc plates that may be where your clunk is coming from. current upr coil over kits have a blue sleeve. those look like older strange sleeves. new kits are silver/black

Yeah the car has UPR CC plates (I didnt install em), how do they cause a clunk exactly and how do ya fix it? I understand there is that flange under the shock tower that you gotta bend outta the way and MM makes a tool for it. But im curious as to what else I can do.
As for the actual strut that is in the car now, I wont know until the weekend so I can get it in the air for a brake change.
Now I gotta find new strange struts to replace these.

Now if the shocks are strange im good with just replacing them with these, i can adjust em and call it good.. That is of course these will fit the thing for now, until I can upgrade to a full Maximum Motorsports setup and just be done. I dont got the cash right now to a full new coilover setup.

Last edited:

Kryo-Genik

My meat is hand rubbed
Established Member
Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread