HElP me get this car to launch.

JASPERSVT

BOOST, my anti drug.
Established Member
Need some help, either advice or parts to buy.
Went to the track the other day, and man do i suck at the 60s.. Like 2.1 or so, ended up running a bunch of 8.0s and 7.9s at 94 and 95mph. My PB is 7.5
I either spin or bog, I suck at slipping the clutch ive tried.

My question is( for the track guys) what rpm to yall leave at, do you slip the clutch or just drop the hammer and hope it goes well. :shrug:

I have the basic bolt ones, also i have a IRS brace and i was running that night with M&H DRs.

Last edited:

jdgt03

Established Member
Not to get off the subject but what track u go to, im in Florence. With drag radials u should proly ride the clutch pretty good, but apply throttle evenly and lots of practice.

unit213

Bone Stock
Established Member
Tell us about your burnout process. You're running a decent tire and you're cutting a 60' like you were on stock rubber so I'm wondering if you're not doing the burnout properly.

JASPERSVT

BOOST, my anti drug.
Established Member
I do a 1st gear burnout, i rev it up and drop the clutch and hold the break, i hold it for 5 or more seconds keeping the rpms from 4k-5k range. I then get off the break will keeping in the throttle for 15 feet or so. Also this is on 28 inch tires, i dont know if this makes a difference.

JASPERSVT

BOOST, my anti drug.
Established Member
2nd gear burn out ftw, try slipn the clutch at 3500 rpms at the tree and hope for the best!
Dumb question, but do i just dump the clutch in 2nd or start the burn out in 1st the shift into 2nd. Im on stock clutch so i dont wanna mess anything up.

how much air pressure in the tires?

Im on 20psi now, but when i ran the 7.5 i was on 30, i lowered it down to help with spinning.

KINGCOBRA86

Tvs @ 22psi ftw
Established Member
start in 2nd, run ur tires down to 16 psi, i cut a 1.80 60ft on 17'' nitto drags but missd 2nd gear,due to the stock clutch being heated...

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3vcFPmNKrXE"]YouTube- 04 cobra 12.77 1/4 mile[/ame]

Users who are viewing this thread