Help me fine tune my predator tune!

ReallyRedCobra

No really. Its that red.
Established Member
I've been running the default predator tune on my 01, and I made a minor modifications. Now I've told that the default tune on this runs a bit rich. My mods are below. But basically I've advanced the spark a little bit, and i think thats about it. I wish I wrote down exactly how much i advanced it.

Anyways what I plan on doing is resetting it back to default and see what you guys think I should do with it.

Obviously the best thing is get to a dyno but I really dont have the time and i dont drive the car that much anyways. Plus i'm not really sure how to self tune it myself. :(

venomboysvt

Established Member
Yeah the box tune can be rich. You can go to certain performance sites and they can set you up with a custom tune on your predator. You just tell them your mods and they will email a custom tune, then download it, and put in your car. Not to sure what sites just research around. I think they charge like $75-100 cant remember.

Last edited:

ReallyRedCobra

No really. Its that red.
Established Member
Ok. I'll try to get ahold of James. I originally wanted to order the tuner from them but I could never get ahold of them.

I ended up just restoring the factory hp tune, and adjusted my axle ratio. However I did notice it had my tire size at 812. Stock should be 785 (245/45/17). However I dont think you can change it to that exactly? I'll need to double check it again, but when I originally did it I thought my speed was off.

ReallyRedCobra

No really. Its that red.
Established Member
Ok well I just found where i wrote down that I changed it to 782 last time and my speed seemed slower than what the speedo was showing..not by much. So I moved it to 792. I guess round up. We'll see what happens.

anothersvtguy

Turner of Wrenches
Established Member
Predator

I got my tune from James at RWTD. It took over two weeks though and he is very hard to get ahold of. I am very happy with the tune, but I didn't know there were options. Injectedracing is another place that does email tunes and he returned emails within HOURS. Seemed like a very good guy and if I hadn't already paid RWTD I probably would have went with him.
http://www.injectedracing.com

BTW the email tune was much better than the one that came with the tuner. You will be able to feel the difference.

Users who are viewing this thread