help me find this noise

bigtrain72

Established Member
if it goes away when u push the clutch in its the thowout bearing if not its more than likely the pilot bearing are u running stock clutch

Andrewmach1

Established Member
if it goes away when u push the clutch in its the thowout bearing if not its more than likely the pilot bearing are u running stock clutch

Yes stock clutch as far as I know bought the car used from a dealer last year. Only known mods were exhaust and wheels.

03SonicBlueGT

Hear Me?!
Established Member
You've got to R/R the transmission. It's one of those things where you might as well replace the clutch assembly while you're in there and replace pilot bearing, throwout bearing, and maybe the flywheel.

I bought Exedy's stage 2 clutch kit from american muscle for my GT and was thrilled with it. Perfect feel and bit well. Hope this helps!

Andrewmach1

Established Member
You've got to R/R the transmission. It's one of those things where you might as well replace the clutch assembly while you're in there and replace pilot bearing, throwout bearing, and maybe the flywheel.

I bought Exedy's stage 2 clutch kit from american muscle for my GT and was thrilled with it. Perfect feel and bit well. Hope this helps!

Ok thanks ill check it out. I have about a month until I need to daily the mach1 again. So ill look into options.

Andrewmach1

Established Member
Haven't had the time to bring it any where to be looked at but I'm beginning tk think its not a bearing in the clutch.

It goes away on its own and won't go away when I push the clutch. Also when thay loud noise stops, I can still hear a subtle noise coming from the mid pipe area. It may be unrelated but I think I may have a exhaust leak also. I hit some speed bumps after I lowered my car, in my work parking garage. And I noticed thats about the time the noises started happening.

Maynbe its a related issue?

Users who are viewing this thread