Help me figure this out... the upper rear shock mount

Hunter6

Established Member
has a big piece of sloppy rubber. What's the deal. That can't be good for performance. Those of you who have upraded the suspension, how did you remedy this???

MJ32V

Established Member
Replace mushy stock shock bushings w/delrin bushings. Not sure who stocks them... you may want to try Maximum Motorsports or Anderson Motorsports.

MJ

PhillyCobra

Established Member
Remember on Mustangs the shocks (both front and rear) are not weight bearing, and are separate from the springs. So the soft bushing on the rear shock mounting isn't too much of a problem. Is perhaps more of a problem on the front, where the shock mounting affects alignment.

bborder

Established Member
Like "PhillyCobra" said, I wouldn't worry about the stock bushings unless you transition to a coil-over setup. In which case, the Maximum Motorsport's rear coil over kit includes a replacement delrin and aluminum shock mount.

Hunter6

Established Member
Thanks for the replies. I am planning on going to a coilover set up in the future. I know the shock is not weight bearing but when that suspension gets stressed that bushing moves a lot. I am over all not impressed with the rear suspension:

-12mm bolts in 14mm holes.
-the "hop"
-sloppy bushings...everywhere.

Users who are viewing this thread