Help me figure my problem out.

Brucealeg

Established Member
Hi,
I noticed my 03 around 17K miles started making a popping noise when I made a tight right turn. Usually after the car was good and warm. I took it to the dealer for some items and has them look at it. The tech said he noticed the rack and pinion was replaced ealier in the car lifes and probably needed re torked. That's what he did to fix my problem. Now my car makes a slapping noise while making a tight right turn after the car is good and warmed up.

Anyone have a clue what might be casing this, so I can get it fixed? It's not causing me any grief, but I am concern something bad will happen is left unchecked.

Thanks,
Bruce

LandShark

Established Member
Have you considered sub-frame connectors? My 03 makes a popping noise sometimes when turning sharp or turning and going over a bump. If you review some of the sub-frame discussions thru search, you will see several times that the support is weak underneath these cars.

LS

Jr Mint

Established Member
There is a TSB out for it......when i took my car in.....he listed allt he problems that are with the car when he drove mine....and told me what i had and what i didnt......you have what is known as the pop when going up a driveway going right......lol....if that makes sense?

Users who are viewing this thread