Help me decide!!??

ZincCobra03

Hold on to your helmet!
Established Member
Hello to all!!!

I have been away for a while but I am back and in the market for a new ride. It is time to buy another mustang, but I can not decide between an 04 Mach or a 05 GT. Need some input, pros and cons. I know both cars well but have not modded either......yet.

PS: Hope my 03 Cobra is doing good KissmySVT!!! :beer:

ZincCobra03

Hold on to your helmet!
Established Member
That was my first thought, but there are some advantages to the new body style right??

Chris _Scott

NA FTW
Established Member
That was my first thought, but there are some advantages to the new body style right??

A weight advantage

considering more girls will want to pile into the mach 1 than the GT

Mach 1 > GT

P.S. I see new GTs all day everywhere, its annoying... and I never see Mach 1s...just my .02 anyhows :coolman:

ZincCobra03

Hold on to your helmet!
Established Member
I feel the same about seeing them alot more. I modded a 06 GT for a customer up to 550hp on a factory engine, still running over a year now. I do prefer the older body style but the newer chassis is supposed to be stiffer right?

ford_racer

King of SVTP
Established Member
As much as I like the Mach, the S197s seem to be showing good numbers with forced induction and they look great.

I'm glad I'm not in your situation. Tough choice.

ZincCobra03

Hold on to your helmet!
Established Member
Now we are getting to why I am confused. Mach looks great but the interior is love it or hate it. I also like the rear suspension set up in the new body style.

STG

Banned
I think J Mays blew the "retro" S197, particularly the green house and everything behind the doors. Mays started the retro craze with the New Beetle and killed it with the new Thunderbird and S197.

I have no desire to replace my car with a new Mustang. I laugh when I read how the new Mustang was inspired by older Mustangs. If you want retro, get a 2004 - it's based on a 1978 Ford Fairmont. That's retro!

When I park my car next to an S197, nobody notices the 2005+. The Mach1 was limited, has that (semi) functional Shaker and a unique VIN with an "R" identifying the car as a Mach1.

Is the newer car's chassis better? Yes. Is is better than a Mach1 with Maximum Motorsports welded full length sub frames, MM caster/camber plates, MM adjustable lower control arms, H&R SuperSport Springs and Tockico Illuminas? No. I've driven a stock brand new new GT for over 300 miles and prefered mine.

That said, GET WHAT YOU LIKE.:dancenana:

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread