Help me decide please!!!

Turbo99cobra

Established Member
Ok so I'm trying to decide if I wanna go nitrous or supercharged. I only drive the car on the weekends and never spend any time at the track. I really don't even race, just looking to add a little fun to the drives that I do take. I'm looking at either the vortech charger or nx wet kit 100 or 125 shot with the nx Stand alone fuel enrichment system and all the other bells and whistles nx offers. I don't really wanna get into forging my internals cuz really don't wanna spend the money or have to break into the motor unless I'm going big with cams and everything. So tell me what u guys think, what would u do, and again, I only drive the car around town and to and from the beach on the weekends

01yellercobra

Established Member
Supercharged. It sounds like you want something you can hop in and drive. With the nitrous you'll have to fill the bottle once in a while.

Misspelling brought to you by tapatalk

Trip

Seasoned Snake Charmer
Established Member
I am prob not going SC and am also curious who has had success with NO2 as a full throttle switch setup, just for some extra fun......blower with these 4.10s would be hell to hook up.....but I dont see too many with this setup on here, so how well does this motor respond, and how safe is it........

Black*Death

Sleeping
Established Member
Ok so I'm trying to decide if I wanna go nitrous or supercharged. I only drive the car on the weekends and never spend any time at the track. I really don't even race, just looking to add a little fun to the drives that I do take. I'm looking at either the vortech charger or nx wet kit 100 or 125 shot with the nx Stand alone fuel enrichment system and all the other bells and whistles nx offers. I don't really wanna get into forging my internals cuz really don't wanna spend the money or have to break into the motor unless I'm going big with cams and everything. So tell me what u guys think, what would u do, and again, I only drive the car around town and to and from the beach on the weekends

S/C is great for instant/near instant power but costs way for than Nitrous..as you know.

If you use the car a Lot(you must decide) then go S/C if you can afford it.

8 psi or less is usually fine for most nonforged engines.

S/C and Nitrous are addicting...once you feel that power, it is hard to not use it when presented with the opportunity.

I personally see Nitrous alone a gimmickey(sp?). I would hate to have my "power" tied to a 10 pound bottle.

Nitrous on top of a F/I is great for added power....I think more of a money issue....some used S/C kits are not that pricey IMHO...

Users who are viewing this thread