Help me decide on wheel size?PLEASE

jguerrero

Established Member
I am going to buy a set of CCWs for my car within the next month or so.(may even be tommorow:smmon: ).The thing that is killing me is deciding on which rim size to go with.

PLEASE BEFORE YOU REPLY CONSIDER THE FOLLOWING( I know 18's will probally be the normal response.).

Pics of both sizes are in this thread:
http://www.svtperformance.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=101433
the mystichrome has 18's the sonic blue has 17's

1-If I go with the 17's and a lowering it will be a lot cheaper, basically by the price of 18 inch tires(~900-1200). I could sell my rims for I would guess $400 dollars and pay for the price for the install of springs and labor. They look very nice in the pic, but I wonder if I will always wished I went with 18's? Total price will be around $1900 after all is said and done.

2- If I go with 18's it will be a lot more expensive, but look nicer? Probally get $700-800 dollars for all four of my F1's(2-7k,2-4k), a set of newer drag radials(3k), and all four rims. This will cover the price of the springs and labor plus some off the rims. Total cost will be around $2700.

Is going to 18's really worth it for the price, the 17's look just as nice, and will probally get more traction.

Please help me out, I think Im going to go crazy deciding. Also what would you ask for a set of stock rims, and the rims with all four stock tires and drag radials(all with 70% or more thread life available.
:thumbsup:

Forbidden Snake

Established Member
I would go with the 18s. Not sure about the effects on handling and acceleration, but it would look better if you are going to lower it.

Not sure about resale value of your rims and tires. $800 bucks seems fair.

Users who are viewing this thread