Help me decide on tires

cyaford

Established Member
Ok, I'll be ordering a set of tires for the rear in the next 24 hours. I was all set on ordering 2 F1s(the ones that came on the car), when I decided to do a quick search here. What I found is alot of you guys aren't happy with the F1s. I am selling the car and never go to the track, so I'm not looking for a tire that will excell at the track. I want a nice tire for everyday use. Is there a tire out there that will provide good traction for dry/wet use better than the F1s? I have 15K miles on my Cobra. I was out yesterday in the rain and felt the back end trying to meet the front end. I found the tread to be very poor in the inside of the rears. No way will I sell a car privately with tires in this condition. Another reason I'm thinking of the F1s, is that a potential buyer may be turned off by 2 different sets of tires. Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Ted

ps- As I'm in no hurry to sell my Cobra, does anyone know of a 10th Anniversary replica wheel(17" or 18") that is more than 9" wide? I'll probably start another thread on that if it doesn't sell with the next month. :-D I'd like to go with a 295 or 315.

ModsAway

Established Member
I'm confused why you are looking for different wheels and tires when you are selling the car....

Buy two new replacement F1's and be done with it. Even this is not necessary just a reputable thing for you to do, at the least just point out the necessity of new tires to the buyer.

cyaford

Established Member
ModsAway said:
I'm confused why you are looking for different wheels and tires when you are selling the car....

Buy two new replacement F1's and be done with it. Even this is not necessary just a reputable thing for you to do, at the least just point out the necessity of new tires to the buyer.

Like I said, I am in NO hurry to sell the car. If it doesn't sell, I will most likely put on some larger/wider tires and would like to have matching rims. I'll probably just go ahead and order the F1s tomorrow. Thanks for the reply.

Users who are viewing this thread