Help me decide on spoiler color.

Yosemite Dan

Established Member
Looking at putting on the MMD ducktail spoiler to replace the OEM one. Can't decide on color. Body color or black?

It's a red candy 2013 GT. I have a glass roof so it being darker would seem to flow with a black spoiler and also have a black SHR fuel door installed. I do have silver OEM 19"rims (may put black rims on in the future) but with the taller 245 Pirellis on there the black rubber does blend in with the fuel door nicely IMO. I'm leaning toward the black spoiler, I'd like contrast but afraid it will look too ricey. Can't really find any good pics with the black one.

killer2013

Established Member
You have a great car and only you know what you like. So all our opinions are not going to be really meaningful to you, unless you have no idea what you like and just want to make some people (never all) happy with your car. That said. ..I'd like the black.

Last edited:

Yosemite Dan

Established Member
Forgot about the red Boss having it and definately doesn't look ricey on that. I also have the Boss 302 grille so it would make the sense to keep the Boss theme going.

jn2

Established Member
In case you wanted to save some cash on a color matched MMD spoiler. They started popping up on eBay not long ago, wonder if their exclusivity contract with MMD expired. I have a color matched spoiler and it compares exactly the same as the eBay one. Down the the color of the plastic and the capture nut.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/10-14-Ford-...ash=item464bd4c30e:g:2bUAAOSwgApXA2uI&vxp=mtr

Tons of people on Camaro forums buy the eBay ZL1 style spoiler already color matched and they come out looking OEM good.

Last edited:

Vert

Established Member
i think it would look good and i would do the diffuser, grilled and con all the same color.

Users who are viewing this thread