• Stock 17" Chrome Rims

Votes: 73 62.4%
  • 18" silver Y2k Cobra R's

Votes: 44 37.6%

• Total voters

Juiced-03

Established Member
Well I have two choices:

1) Upgrade to the stock 17" chrome rims and use Nitto Drag Radials.

2) Get the silver 18" Y2K Cobra R's and Nittos NT-555's. (I dont think chrome would look good with this rim on my car.)

What do you think? I have a yellow coupe by the way.

Juiced-03

Established Member
wow thanks for the votes guys! I thought everyone would be for the Y2k's but I guess maybe I'll have to consider the stock chromies :)

SNCBOOM

Established Member
Too many Y2K R's....go for the chrome stock look....its great ;-)

mustang03

New Poster Old Lurker
Established Member
I know I am gonna get flack for this, but the Y2K 18's definetly, not in silver in chrome. The chrome stock wheels look good but they are showing up on more and more cars. Plus the 18's look better in chrome.

NightEnforcer

Established Member
17" chromies look great with the yellow. Get the AFS 17X10.5 for the rear. It will look awsome. The AFS wheel is super close in apearance. I have them on mine and no one can tell the difference unless I point it out.

OKC03Cobra

Established Member
Originally posted by NightEnforcer
17" chromies look great with the yellow. Get the AFS 17X10.5 for the rear. It will look awsome. The AFS wheel is super close in apearance. I have them on mine and no one can tell the difference unless I point it out.

I am ordering the chrome AFS 17x9 for the front and 17x10.5 for the rear and putting on Eagle F1 GS-D3 275/40/17 on the front and 315/35/17 on the rear.

oldmodman

Established Member
When you get the 315's mounted and installed be sure and let us know how the fit turned out. I already have my AFS chrome 17X9 & 17X10.5 wheels, just have to decide on tires. I had been thinking about the new Pirelli P-Zero Corsa but haven't been able to find any to look at. Sure would like to see them on a car before I make up my mind.

davidmax

Established Member
I have Kinesis K-28's,IMHO there better built than Fikses or HRE's.I would guess you can find there web site.They made a special pair for me and they are BMW like.On there chrome wheels they even plate the center barrel(3 piece) that you cant see and on Hi Polish the wheel is polished 100%.
There more known for Ferrari,LamboPorsche and Bimmer but they will build you a set takes about 12 weeks and about 800-1100 per wheel.My cars hot but the 1 part I get more questions and Kudos on are the Kinesis wheels.
All of a sudden when people enter my Vette boutique we displayed 2 wheels we sell 2-3 sets a week and for Hi end wheels thats MUCHO.Dave Smilovic

RioRed4v

Established Member
Originally posted by davidmax
I have Kinesis K-28's,IMHO there better built than Fikses or HRE's.I would guess you can find there web site.They made a special pair for me and they are BMW like.On there chrome wheels they even plate the center barrel(3 piece) that you cant see and on Hi Polish the wheel is polished 100%.
There more known for Ferrari,LamboPorsche and Bimmer but they will build you a set takes about 12 weeks and about 800-1100 per wheel.My cars hot but the 1 part I get more questions and Kudos on are the Kinesis wheels.
All of a sudden when people enter my Vette boutique we displayed 2 wheels we sell 2-3 sets a week and for Hi end wheels thats MUCHO.Dave Smilovic

noticed you were from AZ? same here.

you ever go out to the Pavillions show??

just kinda curious what your wheels look like since they cost so much..

davidmax

Established Member
Hey Rio yes the beast has been to the Pavillions twice.We probably missed each other because I get there after sundown on my Sabbath for religious reasons.I would meet up with AZ. Snake,and a few other guys from Sierra Vista and then they would crash in my guest house.
Even took some Forum guys out inthe milder 725 rrwhp trim and poor Kevin he wont PM me anymore.You would think he has a life or something beyond me ,Shoot.
I will have the car back in 25-30 days TOPS but it should be back from Canada within 15-20 realisticly,and then I would love to show you my wheels,Dave Smilovic
PS:K evin I didnt mean to scare you,I know you wont drive with me anymore,Dave

RioRed4v

Established Member
from your avatar it looks like you have a cobra r, or atleast a look alike??
you wouldnt happen to be the owner of the turbo'd Cobra R that goes out there would you?

make sure you let me know though when you get back out there, i'm interested in your wheels and shootin' the sh*t

Users who are viewing this thread