Help me decide how to spend (SOME) of my money..

00streetfighter

Established Member
I have about $1500ish I can spend on something for the car. At this point the car is a full bolt on (geared, pullied, intake/exhasut, U/L rear control arms, springs/shocks,etc)... I'm thinking either going for a wet plate NO2 kit with all the extra accessories OR stiffening up the car with sway bars, tower braces, CC plates, axle girdle of some kind, a 4 or 6 point cage, ect...

The car is a convertible and my DD. It is also an auto with a PA valve body kit awaiting install. I like to do spirited autocross style driving but head to the strip often during the summer time. What direction would you guys take? I like the idea of a power adder but I also want the car to handle well.

Any suggestions?

DHG1078

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Established Member
I personally am not a huge fan of nitrous on DD. It is really tempting to use it constantly, and it's hard on the piston rings. There is a guy local to me that runs nitrous on his DD 3v. He uses nitrous the entire time he drives, literally stop light to stop light. He went to a dyno day and his car barely matched the stock output lol. His case is a little extreme, but the same thing happens just a bit slower if you use it less. Plus you gotta keep the bottles filled or you lose performance after a few hits.

Have you considered coil overs or an aftermarket k-member? An aftermarket k-member, control arms, and front coil overs can shed over 40 pounds off the front of the car, handle better, and potentially improve ride quality. If you were really serious about auto-x or road racing, you could look into an SLA suspension setup.

At your power levels (with and without nitrous) I wouldn't be too worried about axle bracing just yet. If you were putting down more than 400 hp and launching hard at the track a lot I would start to think about it.

Another idea is to use that $1500 and spend it on road racing this season and enojoying the car. Tires, brakes, brake fluid, entry fees, etc. adds up fast.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread