Help me choose custom wheel finish on F14's!

Which finish would you rock on silver cobra?

• Matte Golden Bronze

Votes: 6 31.6%
  • Brushed Gunmetal Gloss

Votes: 9 47.4%
  • Polished Copper

Votes: 1 5.3%
  • Textured Gunmetal

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Brushed Clear

Votes: 2 10.5%
  • Polished Aluminum

Votes: 1 5.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

A_Law

Established Member
So I am getting a set of F14's and want some opinions choosing which finish to match against my silver cobra. Pic of a silver cobra with F14's below and also a pic of my cobra (2001). I'm looking at custom sets on flickr from getyourwheels.com. Choices I like below.
- Matte Golden Bronze

- Brushed Gunmetal Gloss

- Polished Copper

- Textured Gunmetal

- Brushed Clear

- Polished

upload_2020-6-16_19-56-46.png

upload_2020-6-16_19-57-15.png

Attachments

• upload_2020-6-16_19-54-33.png
    upload_2020-6-16_19-54-33.png
    1,018.2 KB · Views: 85

Rb0891

Established Member
Premium Member
I really like the bronze, but I didn't have the balls to do it with the new set of wheels I just bought.

A_Law

Established Member
I really like the bronze, but I didn't have the balls to do it with the new set of wheels I just bought.
I liked bronze and the brushed gunmetal gloss. I'm thinking brushed gunmetal gloss. I'm also adding stop techs big brake kit. Yellow calipers should pop pretty well against them I'm thinking

blownfox

Established Member
Do you know where these wheels are made? They are probably the most affordable aftermarket wheel not including standard mustang wheels like FR500 and Saleen. I'm thinking about the brushed gunmetal gloss for my car.

Stage 4.6

Established Member
The brushed gunmetal on Silver - DSG- Black cars looks great, that first pic looks bas ass. I do like the that F14 wheel in polished though!

A_Law

Established Member
Do you know where these wheels are made? They are probably the most affordable aftermarket wheel not including standard mustang wheels like FR500 and Saleen. I'm thinking about the brushed gunmetal gloss for my car.
I tried finding out this answer as well. I think the final manufacturing is done here in the US (flow forming, final machining and finishing). The aluminum wheel casts (before the flow forming process) are probably imported (just guessing). I don't know if this "cast" would qualify as a "raw material" or a "made in China/Taiwan etc" part, allowing you to classify/or not classify the finished wheel as being made in USA. But who know's maybe they 100% make them in the USA, but I don't think so since they don't advertise this on their website. Apparently Weld Racing bought Forgestar a couple years ago, seen in this article here --> Weld Racing buys Forgestar custom wheel business

Users who are viewing this thread