Help me build a budget 4v

93sspmustang

Established Member
looking to go turbo in my race car. i want to build a 4v longblock. my desires power wise are 1000hp. looking to build a solid longblock.

the car is currently big block with 700hp and a lil nitrous but i have always wanted a turbod 4v. i have a stout fuel sytem already that can handle efi to 1000hp i just need a diferent reg.

im thinking iron windsor block bored .20 over
stock cobra crank
stock cobra oil pump
mildly ported c heads
gt cams (maybe)
01 timing cover
01 manifold or sullivan
all arp studded

im gonna go with a fast system using c.o.p. so what rails and injectors?

im gonna use some shorty headers turned backwars and fab up the rest from that point to a single 88mm turbo not sure what one yet. prolly twin tial 45 wastegates and twin blow offs. im prolly gonna stick with a powerglide but i might do a th350.

im basically interested in the engine and what parts i need to get if people can help out with combos that have worked that would be great i really wana get the motor done first then work on the details later thanks

cbr repsol

Established Member
honestly u should p.m. ironhand he can build/fabricate anything u want. ive been talking with him and its honestly cheaper to go 5.4 dohc

tell him i sent u;-)

if u go twins i think u will 67's or single 88

for turbo im pretty sure 105 injectors should work fine and areomotive i think makes rails for the sullivan. if not sullivan themselves also makes rails to clear the set up.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread