(Help) looking at trading for a salvaged title 1990 Mustang GT?

2_wacko

Established Member
Theres a 1990 Mustang GT I'm thinking about trading my 2005 Kawasaki KFX400 ATV for. The thing is its a salvaged title, I ran a carfax and it shows.

Alert! Severe problems were reported by a state Department of Motor Vehicles (DMV). This vehicle does not qualify for the CARFAX Buyback Guarantee.
Accident Check.
See State DMV-reported Title Problems above.

The owner bought it at a auction and had it repaired. The car looks great I just don't really know mustangs to be able to find any chassis or major damage. Anyone have any info on what I should look for on the car? Here are a few pics.

S4020804.gif

S4020805.gif

S4020806.gif

Last edited:

ASVT2NV

Insane And Rising....
Established Member
wow it sure is clean! I would personally take it to someone who repairs chassis and such and have them look it over first. Did the seller admit and willingly tell you it has a salvage title? If so then it is probably straight. If he didnt tell you then hes probably trying to just pass it off. I'm about to go look at a 93 GT that is pretty clean 129K car for $4700. If you look hard enough you can find a clean one at a fair price. and considering a KFX400 is worth what
4kish? I know i priced the KFX700 and they are pretty high..

Last edited:

2_wacko

Established Member
He told me its is a salvaged title and the vin from the salvaged title is the one I used for the carfax.

ROCMAN

Big Boned!
Established Member
Since the overall value for the car in good condition is not too high, it would not have to be that badly damaged to be totalled by an insurance company. It could very well have been a minor thing.

2_wacko

Established Member
One strange thing is its missing the vin tag thats up on the drivers side dash area, and the one on the drivers door.

Last edited:

dsrtdukone

Hurts when I pee
Established Member
2_wacko said:
One strange thing is its missing the vin tag thats up on the drivers side dash area, and the one on the drivers door.

Maybe it's a stolen car?

TTA Dan

Established Member
some ins companys take the Ford VIN off... prob has a "State" assigned VIN on the drivers post or the front cowl area by the door hinges .. sometimes the state will use the original VIN # on the new State Tag ..

Users who are viewing this thread