help logging wideband

bomrrman84

Established Member
i found some write up on it but, im having a really hard time getting the wires right to log through my Xcal3 with my wideband 02 sensor. Amazon is my tuner as well, im going to give them a call in the morning and see if they can help me too. oh by the way im using an innovate lc-1 for my wide band. any help would be appreciated.

bomrrman84

Established Member
so my question is, i wired everything up originally but apparrently i wired into the digital outputs on the LC-1 not the analog when i went back in to hook up the live wire. i appreciate the link and it is good info but, there is an almost identical one for my specific setup that i found using the search function. the question i had in particular is, since my w/b is setup and works great were are the so called "brown wires and black and white ground wires" i need to tap into. every set of instructions i see seem to be lacking this. can anyone help me with this or chime in if you are running the same setup as me?

MrCaliKrome

Established Member
This thread was extremely helpful with pointing me to the thread with the firewire build.

However, once I got the hard wiring done and everything was working with the gauge properly, I couldn't get the SCT LiveLink datalogger via the X3 to properly display the A/F reading as it was showing on the actual gauge.

Below is what solved my issue:

All the threads I could find didn't have the right formula needed to translate the raw signal from the AEM Wideband Failsafe gauge with Boost ( P/N 30-4900 ) to the SCT X3 so it can read the A/F the same as the stand alone gauge.

After banging my head against the wall checking and re-checking all my connections and grounds (non of which were any issue), I called SCT support line, whom were very helpful and friendly, and of course the tech brings up something I had not double checked; "What the AEM instruction manual specifically said about which formula to use."

Apparently the failsafe gauge is relatively new (circa 2013) and has a different formula than its predicesor, which several threads INCLUDING the SCT LiveLink software list as " (V*2)+10 This formula is so commonly used and appears in so many places, I didn't even think to double check if the manual stated anything different.

However, this specific gauge needs a different formula: (2.375*V)+7.3125 [I am running this on Analog 2 channel]

Even the SCT tech wasn't aware of this, so I gave him the formula to pass along to anyone else who might call in.

Also, since this gauge reads wideband 02 A/F and Boost, there is a conversion formula to datalog the Boost psi: (10*V)-16 [I am running this on Analog 1 channel]

Users who are viewing this thread