HELP!! Locking Lug Nut Stripped !!

1SCOOT

Established Member
So it seems the last facility to remove my tires actually stripped out the locking lug nut so that the key will no longer work to remove it :mj:
Anyone have any recommendations or ideas on how I can get this thing off :shrug:

Thanks

VirtualSVT

lolololololololololol
Established Member
take a socket that is slightly larger than the outside diameter of the lugnut and hammer it on. then use an impact to get it off.

And buy 4 new lugs. Those locks don't do anything but break.

sbrook15

Established Member
VirtualSVT said:
take a socket that is slightly larger than the outside diameter of the lugnut and hammer it on. then use an impact to get it off.

what he said.

grendel

Established Member
or buy a thieving kit and get them off that way, they use them at discount tire if you dont want to mess up a socket

RTR GHIG

Established Member
Craftsman sells a set of sockets that you use on stripped bolts. It worked on one of my wife's exhaust manifold bolts. :burnout:

Mac25

Established Member
adamz1le28 said:
Glad to hear there's so many ways to get off a "Locking" lug nut :bored:

Makes u feel warm and fuzzy doesn't it! :rollseyes Goes to show if someone really wants something....they can get it :nonono:

SnakeBit

Mid-Life Crisis my ass!
Established Member
Mac25 said:
Makes u feel warm and fuzzy doesn't it! :rollseyes Goes to show if someone really wants something....they can get it :nonono:
Isn't that always the way things are? Spend a fortune on an alarm and it still can be stolen.

VirtualSVT

lolololololololololol
Established Member
esqeddy said:
I'm going to get rid of my locking lub nut just because I'm afraid the key will disapear.

Yeah mine have been long gone. They don't do anything and you're faucked if they key breaks or you lose it.

SnakeBit

Mid-Life Crisis my ass!
Established Member
If you have the key code (mine was on the envelope the key originally came with), you can order another. I've had to do that in the past and McGard was very helpful and very fast. If you're that paranoid about losing your key, I'd suggest ording a second key to keep in your toolbox. As I remember it was only about $12 for a replacement.

Chonger

The Korean Connection
Established Member
VirtualSVT said:

Oh yeah. Been there and done that. My locknut broke when I was trying to replace my brakepads and they were down to the metal. Ended up taking the car to tire kingdom and had them pull all of the locknuts off and replaced them with 4 regulars.

Users who are viewing this thread