HELP! its official im an over heater

onehundredk

Smashin' Pumpkins
Established Member
So my car overheated just now... a few questions where is the location of the water pump fuse?

Scenario- Driving, looked down, noticed it was almost in the red. so i pulled over to check it out. i have the canton aluminum radiator tank and its usually HOT HOT, weird thing is the tank is cold. anyways, i banged on the thermostat a couple times and turned the motor back over and let it idle for about 15 minutes, then about 30 seconds revving at 1500 rpm, then 30 seconds at 2500 rpm. I figured it was fine, so i tried to drive it again, well nope, as soon as i started driving, started over heating.

also what its doing- clunk/click/burp sound in the radiator

so im thinking i need to flush and blurp the coolant, change the thermostat, and check the fuse on the water pump- could anyone tell me which fuse is for the pump?

Thanks

onehundredk

Smashin' Pumpkins
Established Member
sorry, im talking about water temp. didnt check the air/heating, but im pretty sure it will blow hot air, cold air blow cold air.

bigmoose

Established Member
did you install an electric water pump on your car? if not its mechanical so there is no fuse. since your coolant reservoir is cool it sounds like either something is blocking the flow or you have a bad thermostat that isn't opening.

SaleenFiend

04 MC Cobra
Established Member
sorry, im talking about water temp. didnt check the air/heating, but im pretty sure it will blow hot air, cold air blow cold air.
:nonono:serious??? He knows your talking about water temp.

replaced the thermostat to find coolant in my oil...:(
just to be a smart ass, you would have found oil in your coolant if you were changing the thermostat.

These cars do not blow head gaskets my money is on a failed oil cooler.
+1 since the oil is in the coolant. But with an over heater its still possible

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread