Help, install 13gt500 mufflers. Questions

k2cmach1

Established Member
Just purchased the stock 13gt500 mufflers, and lower valance panel. Dr3z 17f828-AB. I thought the valance panel just needed swapped. But the stock valance looks to be made into the bumper. Am I missing something? Any help would be appreciated. Car is on the lift as I'm writing this.

manny231988

Established Member
An air saw is what I used there is a small line in inside the bumper to follow . Look at late model restoration they have a how to install with picture if you need any help pm me

03machme

go on and mach me
Established Member
yep have to cut the bumper. There is a line on the inside of the bumper and it is way easier to do it with the bumper off the car. I used a dremel when I installed my Boss rear valence and was pretty easy

k2cmach1

Established Member
Okay thanks everyone for the help. Trying to decide how I'm going to do this. Only thing that sucks is I'm possibly selling the car in a few months. Wanted to be able to swap everything over to the new car.

wazslow

Established Member
Cut the rear bumper along the line, cut out the slots and snap the new rear valance in. Its really easy, just takes some time to pull the bumper off and reinstall it.

califsp

Established Member
Don't stress out. You can use any reciprocating saw, even a dremel tool. They sure made it easy by having a line in the bumper for you to follow.

Force Induced

Boost Addict
Established Member
I've installed the kit on my car and it was an easy install however whoever designed those damn muffler hanger brackets needs to take them off a few times and then redesign them!

Users who are viewing this thread