Help I'm looking to buy a 03 or 04 cobra

j-tan

Established Member
I've been saving up for awhile now and pretty much have enough to buy one. I currently own a 1994 cobra do I don't really know to much to look for in an 03/04 cobra. Any suggestion On what I should check and look for when checking out the car. I want to make a check list when I got to check out a car. Thanks in advance

j-tan

Established Member
I've read thru all that but I want to know if there is any other stuff that I should look for since you guys are owners. The little things are add up in the end.

testorossa1989

Established Member
I would say bring one of your buddies who knows cars and mechanics. If you have any WISE friends that own boosted cars, i would bring them along. Those subaru/dodge srt4 guys are pretty smart. Just make sure theyre actually smart and not google smart. Theres a lot to look for, it wouldnt hurt to search the terminator/engine&tuning section and just browse through threads. Its very easy to get lost in the excitement of buying. Reciepts also go a long way if the seller has any. The main points i would go over if my buddy was buying is... head tick, tranny, DIFFERENTIAL, any upgraded S/C's and if they were correctly installed or set back to stock. Fuel system, and your basic termi ware parts (MAF, TPS, frps, iac,). For your first buy i would stay away from any moderately-highly modified terminators. I took the time to befriend a lot of my local cobra/subaru/boost guys. If you have a local termi owner ask him to come along. I usually take off of work when someone i know buys. Feel free to ask us any questions, goodluck

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread