help.....idle problems

pwildbil

Established Member
Installed K&N filter with MAF adapter and now my car will not idle and dies!!!! Also just prior to this I had my car reflashed for the stall issue!! I reset the comp after install!! The car seems to drive fine otherwise just will not idle and dies at every stop light!!!
Anyone with some help would be appreciated...TIA

pwildbil

Established Member
at idle it tries to idle at like 750rpm then drops to around 300 surges to around 1200 then drops and either dies or surges but eventually dies....like I said other than at idle it drives fine!!!

rmgtc01

Established Member
I think you are getting too much air into the intake or your A/f is off on either side. Make sure you installed the kit correctly and make sure that all the pieces are fitted together with no gaps and nothing is off at all. Also make sure everything is connected properly and all the metal straps are tight and secure.
I am almost positive is that your car is getting to much air from an unsecured area in the kit, or you sensor thinks you are. Be sure that the engine is not vibrating anything loose.

Just some ideas. On my GT I had i forgot to connect one of the vacuum lines for the intake and it was sucking in too much air and stalling out. I connected it and it was all good, but then the filter would vibrate loose and the same thing would occur.

On my cobra I have had no problems with the K/N

pwildbil

Established Member
Thanks I will check everything and make sure its all connected and tight!!!! HOpefully that is it!! If not I am gonna try and reset the puter again!! I will let you know if I find anything or need further assistance!!!

Nicky Pass

...boom goes the dynamite
Established Member
Disconnect the battery.....let the computer reset its self...this way it will adjust itself to the new set up.

pwildbil

Established Member
thanks guys......it was the filter!!! It came loose on the bottom and was succking air in there!!! Couldn't see it last night....ITs amazing what you miss when your P.Od and its Dark!!!LOL!!!!thanks everyone...car runs great now and I love the sound!!!!!!

Users who are viewing this thread