Help Identifying Steeda front springs - Competition?

ragingclue

Semper Gumby
Established Member
Hi all, I just bought some Steeda springs for my 13 GT off someone local, but I'm having trouble identifying them. They're linear. Rears are from the Competition set for sure, they're the 185lb springs (1812B0185). However, I'm still unsure about the fronts and I'm not sure if the previous owner(s) had mixed and matched at some point. The guy I bought them from thought they were Ultra Lites so I'm thinking he's unaware of their origins or story. His car seemed to sit level but he had a Paxton and I'm not sure if the front end on the 4.6s is heavier or lighter than the 5.0, so I'm not sure I can gauge just by looking at his pics.

The part number stamped on them is FD016 FSA. I am just trying to figure out if these are the springs that will give me a lifted look up front without switching to an iron block and supercharger. If so, I have to turn them around and get some different ones.

I've contacted Steeda and they have been helpful. The answer I got seemed to imply that they locked on the rear spring part number and decided that would determine what set it was. However, they don't seem to be answering specifically about the fronts and haven't yet replied to my inquiry specifically addressing the fronts. All I want to know is if these are the springs that are notorious for lifting non-FI Mustang front ends. That's all.

Thanks for any input. I'm just looking to avoid going through the hassle of install only to realize I've actually lifted my front end, at which time I'd need to tear it back down and install something a little less Baja.

tj@steeda

Established Member
FD016 is the Sport front.

It appears that you have the sport front, with the comp rears.

Best Regards,

TJ

Users who are viewing this thread