Help Identifying Main Engine Harness Connector - 97 Cobra

TCmavrick

Established Member
Hi Team,

Can anyone assist me in what this connector goes to? I removed the blown motor out 3 years ago and did a MMR build. But I didn't label every connector which now caused me issues. I have everything plugged in that I know of but not the one shown in the pictures.

Connector is grouped with the low coolant level sensor inside the overfill container. IMG_2878.JPGIMG_2881.JPGIMG_2878.JPGIMG_2881.JPG

wildman97

Established Member
I believe one is your low coolant and the other plugs in behind your power steering reservoir in the motor (Not sure what it is)

TCmavrick

Established Member
I believe one is your low coolant and the other plugs in behind your power steering reservoir in the motor (Not sure what it is)

That would be the cam positioning sensor :) Which i did have plugged in before I mounted the power steering reservoir back in.

whyxitx

Established Member
I have mine labeled at my parents house. I don't remember off the top of my head where it goes but i'll take a look when i head over there next.

TCmavrick

Established Member
I have mine labeled at my parents house. I don't remember off the top of my head where it goes but i'll take a look when i head over there next.

That would be very awesome of you!

I did start the car tonight for the first time after the build. Run's really rich but it runs. No codes showed up yet. Which I know my IMRC deletes will throw a code.

TCmavrick

Established Member
That would be very awesome of you!

I did start the car tonight for the first time after the build. Run's really rich but it runs. No codes showed up yet. Which I know my IMRC deletes will throw a code.

Here is a picture of the engine from this morning. Nothing leaking which makes me happy.IMG_2882.JPG

TCmavrick

Established Member
Makes me jealous.. I want mine done!

I know exactly how you feel. This project took me three years. Family always takes priority :) Now I can say my car is part of the family. You have to feed it, clean it, take care of it. Put it in timeout etc. hahaha

TCmavrick

Established Member
Sorry for the delayed response. That connector IS for the low coolant sensor, it's yellow/red & light blue.

Thanks for checking for me. That means I had the wrong one of the two connected. Now I need to figure out the other connector. I'll check it's colors tonight and reply back with them.

Users who are viewing this thread