Help!!! I Replaced battery + solenoid and I still hear something on when car is off.

99cobra99

1993 Black Cobra Modded
Established Member
I replaced the battery and solenoid today with new ones and I checked all of the fuses inside of the car and none seemed to be faulty. The car started up fine, but when I turned off the car, I still heard something running, Do any of you have any ideas of what it could be? I disconnected the battery so it would not kill it. All help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Randy. :??:
#4424 Supercharged 306
Black 93 Cobra.

Last edited by a moderator:

99cobra99

1993 Black Cobra Modded
Established Member
I am going to replace the 2 fuel relays and see what happens. I will have to keep troubleshooting and asking questions and for help if this doesn't work. Thanks for your help.

Randy.

~Ray~

Established Member
You could shut the car off, release the fuel pressure in your line using the valve on the fuel rail & if it keeps coming out that will tell you or go lay down under your tank & listen for the pump.

04MystiCobra

Tuning L&M heart
Established Member
Had the same prob way back when. It turned out to be the relay. Water gets in there and causes problems. Easy fix.

99cobra99

1993 Black Cobra Modded
Established Member
I could not find a relay under the driver's seat. I found 3-4 relay boxes behind the driver's kick panel. Some of them seem to have water in them. I will purchase 4 new ones today after work and I hope that this will fix the problem. I will keep all of you posted. Thanks for all of the help.

Randy
#4424 Black
Cobra SC 306

04MystiCobra

Tuning L&M heart
Established Member
The relay that was my problem was located on the passengers side strut tower. Actually there were 2 or them exactly the same. One was for the fuel pump.

99cobra99

1993 Black Cobra Modded
Established Member
I tried my best and I still cannot fix the problem.

Thanks for the info. The person I acquired changed the motor and rearranged the wiring. My car runs, but when I turn it off it sounds like the fuel pump is still running. I change the wet relay, solenoid and battery and it did not solve the problem. I wll have to put it in the shop since I cannot solve the problem. Thanks for all of your help and info. As all of you can tell I am not an experienced mechanic. :(

Randy
1993 Cobra #4424
Supercharged 306

04MystiCobra

Tuning L&M heart
Established Member
Did you try the strut tower? Should be on the forward side along with another relaay exactly like it. If he moved things around it may be on the inside where the intke goes into the fender.

99cobra99

1993 Black Cobra Modded
Established Member
I must have not found the correct relay in the driver's side kick panel. I still have the same problem. I will look really close in my engine bay and see if I can find a gray relay box and replace that one too. If anyone has a picture of the fuel relay could you please post a picture. Does the fuel relay module have 4 prongs or a 5 prongs? Thanks for your help and time.

04MystiCobra could you please resend me the email of the relay picture? My spamblocker must have blocked it. My email address is [email protected].

Thanks,

Randy.
93 Cobra #4424
Supercharged 306

Last edited by a moderator:

04MystiCobra

Tuning L&M heart
Established Member
I'mm 99% sure its in your engine bay, passengers side strut tower area, even if the previous owner tried to hide the wiring.

99cobra99

1993 Black Cobra Modded
Established Member
Thanks for all of the help. I will work on my car tomorrow and keep all of you posted.

Randy
#4424 Black Cobra

Users who are viewing this thread