Help! I need advice on what to do

5.0_SD

Established Member
Ok, today I went to tire kingdom to get a rotation, check pressures, etc. They tell me that my right front is starting to separate from the belt, the right rear has a nail in it but not enough tread to repair it and the damn tires aren't even a year old and have 16,500 miles on them. I have not been to the track and I have not driven to aggressively...WTF!
I need to check, but I can't believe these awesome (sarcasm) P-zero's have no warranty (according to tire kingdom) and they are already giving up the ghost.
So, I come here asking for advice on what to do...almost all of us want to mod, so I need your opinions on what you would do if you were me.

I have the 19" brembo wheels, I was always thinking that I would eventually replace those wheels to get away from 19's. The car is not lowered, but that was one of the things that I was going to do eventually. I would have to dip into a savings that I really didn't want to touch if I'm going for new wheels and tires (I want wider)...if I have to I have to.

Should I...
1. Just get replacement tires and of course not P-zero's.
2. Get some 18's and some crappy tires.
3. Get some 18's and good tires.
Now with option 2 and 3, remember, I'm not lowered, so if choosing one of those options, just get tires with giant sidewalls to fill the gap?
4. Get some 18's, good/decent tires, MCS coilovers from Vorshlag.
5. Pretty much empty my savings and go balls out on what's in option 4 plus do all the rest of the stuff for suspension (sort of can't since BMR is not done with the Watts yet and I would like very much to go almost all BMR other than c/o's and c/c plates.

Sorry for such a long post but I wanted to cover as many bases as I can think of. If there is other suggestions/options that I haven't listed, please feel free to suggest.

I'm going to World of Beer now to drown.

Larry03GT

Established Member
Yea the stock tires p-zero's don't last at all. Mine were gone at about the same mileage I kept the stock wheels and put on 4 hankook ventis v12 evo tires. great handling and grip and I got over 40k on my first set. (on second now) and they are only about $190ea not almost $300 for the p-zero's

muchv8wow

Established Member
I say stray away from the 19s if you're financially capable, but if not, then I would suggest to not go broke and replace the tires only.

Users who are viewing this thread