HELP! I need a Trailer (maybe U-haul?)

speedfreek88

-Skinny Pimp Racing-
Established Member
i have a dyno session scheduled for monday morning at 9 am in memphis (hour drive for me)... i was gonna use my uncles trailer but it sits too high and isnt a dovetail so id either get high centered or rip off my bumper.

im towing with a 2004 Toyota Tundra 4door RWD... and i looked on Uhaul and they said i couldnt tow my truck with that. so does anyone have any ideas cuz im startin to get frustrated.

Last edited:

04troublez

SUPERCARGADA
Established Member
you should have told them you were going to tow a sadan when my ford lariat 4x4 blew a plug i went with my lightning to rent a trailer and they asked what i was going to tow and i told them i was going to tow a dodge caravan in which i do have, i lie 2 them because i knew they would not rented to me. the truck barely fitted in the trailer. go to another uhaul and do that

wd13

Established Member
jack the front of the trailer up before you try loading. The lower the rear of the trailer is to the ground, the better.

speedfreek88

-Skinny Pimp Racing-
Established Member
well u-haul is the only option now... so what do i tell them? what vehicle will get me a trailer wide enough for my L?

04troublez

SUPERCARGADA
Established Member
this is what i used to haul my big truck.
U-Haul: Moving equipment guide: Moving trucks, cargo trailers, utility trailers, vehicle trailers
this is the truck that i towed but it didnt have the 33's. it barely fit in lengh and width
FordLobolariat4x4.gif

Last edited:

MEANSVT

Established Member
i have a dyno session scheduled for monday morning at 9 am in memphis (hour drive for me)... i was gonna use my uncles trailer but it sits too high and isnt a dovetail so id either get high centered or rip off my bumper.

im towing with a 2004 Toyota Tundra 4door RWD... and i looked on Uhaul and they said i couldnt tow my truck with that. so does anyone have any ideas cuz im startin to get frustrated.

Get a newer style uhaul tadem axle trailer and jack the front of the trailer up as far as you can you can do this while it still hooked up this will give you clearance to get the truck up on the trailer. the tundra should be fine pulling your lightning. below is the trailer i used from KS to CA.

RoadtriptoCa003.jpg

RoadtriptoCa008.jpg

RoadtriptoCa001.jpg

Last edited:

stmz28

Established Member
I am going to be picking up a lightning but the inside of my trailer fenders is only 77.5inchs how wide is the out tire width on a lightning to see if it will fit on my trailer
thanks
sean

Users who are viewing this thread