HELP!!!! I can't decide!

NVMYPWR

Established Member
Okay on August 15th I'm going to purchase one of these packages from SFPHQ but I can't decide which one. I asked earlier what people's thoughts were on modding both pulleys but didn't really get any clear answers that helped.

The first package is the one I'm leaning towards:

Performance Package Stage V - 135 Horsepower Gain!

DUB 2.80" SC Pulley System
Gatorback SC Belt 4080735
NGK TR6 Copper Spark Plugs - gap to .040"
9" S&B Power Stack Intake Unit
170 Degree Thermostat
Bassani Mid-Length Ceramic Coated Headers
Bassani X-Pipe w/ Cats and Cat-Back System
Accufab Single Blade Throttle Body & Intake Plenum
SuperChips Performance Chip (programmed for above mods)

Here is the one I'd prefer, but I haven't heard any overwhelming exclamations from anyone with both upper and lower pullies. Well...a couple people but that's it.

Performance Package Stage VI - 160 Horsepower Gain!

DUB 2.80" SC Pulley System
4 lb. Interchangeable Lower Crank Pulley Unit
Billet Idler Pulley Kit
Gatorback SC Belt 4080780
NGK TR6 Copper Spark Plugs - gap to .040"
9" S&B Power Stack Intake Unit
170 Degree Thermostat
Bassani Mid-Length Ceramic Coated Headers
Bassani X-Pipe w/ Cats and Cat-Back System
Accufab Single Blade Throttle Body & Intake Plenum
SuperChips Performance Chip (programmed for above mods)

Which one would you get? Why? Why not?

sambandit

SVT God
Established Member
So far, I have not gotten better et's with the addition of my lower. That being said, there's certainly more power there, but I am starting to believe that the lower and upper overspins the blower. Look at Coleman KB dyno, he hold his tq up to 6000 rpms. I have high tq down low (3500 rpms) but then it goes away at 5000 rpms. The lower is a pain in the ass to install. If I had it to do over again, I'd just get the smallest upper I felt comfortable with (2.8) and skip the lower. That's 500 bucks plus install non well spent IMHO.

Poisonous Mods

little moddie
Established Member
Why not the 160hp selection :shrug:

Its looks to me like $$ is not an issue.
Just like any new power u will get used to it & want more :nonono: If they are giving u pretty good deal go for it :thumbsup:

Now if the price is close to a KB unit ... that i guess would be a different thread.

NVMYPWR

Established Member
Originally posted by sambandit
So far, I have not gotten better et's with the addition of my lower. That being said, there's certainly more power there, but I am starting to believe that the lower and upper overspins the blower. Look at Coleman KB dyno, he hold his tq up to 6000 rpms. I have high tq down low (3500 rpms) but then it goes away at 5000 rpms. The lower is a pain in the ass to install. If I had it to do over again, I'd just get the smallest upper I felt comfortable with (2.8) and skip the lower. That's 500 bucks plus install non well spent IMHO.

Makes sense to me. Thanks man.

NVMYPWR

Established Member
Originally posted by Poisonous Mods
Why not the 160hp selection :shrug:

Its looks to me like $$ is not an issue.
Just like any new power u will get used to it & want more :nonono: If they are giving u pretty good deal go for it :thumbsup:

Now if the price is close to a KB unit ... that i guess would be a different thread.

The first package is $3295.

lRageATMl

GO TERPS!
Established Member
go for the upper/lower combo, remember track times aren't everything. Your only on the track maybe 5% of the time when you drive the car. On the street you will love the upper/lower combo.

caveman6666

V8 Ford, V Twin Hogs.
Established Member
Wish I could help you... but I can't even decide between in fender and open intakes. :(

SolidSnake

Unleashing Hell
Established Member
Track times aren't everything huh? SO what he he installs the lower, and makes a butt-load of torque like you seem to be making. Do you know what torqur translates to on the street? TIRE SPIN and WASTED POWER. I am certain that I can keep up with your times, if not do better with my 2.93 upper only car!!!

lRageATMl

GO TERPS!
Established Member
Originally posted by SolidSnake
Track times aren't everything huh? SO what he he installs the lower, and makes a butt-load of torque like you seem to be making. Do you know what torqur translates to on the street? TIRE SPIN and WASTED POWER. I am certain that I can keep up with your times, if not do better with my 2.93 upper only car!!!

No, but the feel in torque from adding a 4lb lower is amazing. There are ways to drive without spinning your tires and tearing up your clutch.

I never said once that my car is faster than anyone else....

Users who are viewing this thread