Help I am having issue that is Stumping Me

nothingelse

03SilverSnake
Established Member
Alright so last weekend I took my car down to my dad's house and he let me park it in the garage. Well I left for a while and he calls me and says that my car is leaking oil. I come back and sure enough there is oil on the ground not tons but more than a simple leak. So I park the car in the garage again over night and put cardboard under it to see if it leaks again. The next day I go out there and there is not a drop on the cardboard. I backed the car up so it was halfway in the garage and halfway out and left it running for a few minutes. I left to come home and then he calls me again saying that he found oil where my car was parked a lot less this time. When I got home I parked my car in the garage for two days and still no leak I took it to the tuner and they never mentioned that it was leaking oil. I had it parked in my driveway and no leak so Is my dad crazy or is this some kind of weird leak when I look under the car do not see any oil dripping from anywhere I checked the dipstick and it is in the middle of low and full. I am confused as hell about this everything appears to be fine any ideas. :poke:

whi tri

Established Member
Believe it or not I have had the same damn thing happen to me! I installed a motor in a 96 cobra and after my test drive and oil change I noticed oil in my bay. So I just thought that maybe I got some on the floor. I drove it again parked it in the parking lot and as I walked away I could see oil under it. I was like daaaaamn. I brought it back in and it looked higher that the oil filter but it wasn't coming from the valvecover. I had no idea where it came from and it has never done it again. I told the costomer to tell me if it ever does it again and this was about 2 months ago.

nothingelse

03SilverSnake
Established Member
Alright guys I figured it out after doing some diligent searching it seems that the gasket inside the oil cooler can become loose or go bad which causes the oil to leak out of this little pin hole on the cooler. It appears to only leak when running though so it is hard to notice unless the car is sitting and running in one spot for awhile needless to say all you have to do is replace the gasket or tighten it down. :)

Users who are viewing this thread