Help! Help! Help! Help! Help!

1Yellow03

Established Member
Hi all, I want to thank everyone for the interest shown in my behalf! I have been monitoring all the comments all day, but I did not have a chance to make a comment myself. "Top Fuel" has it right I think, by saying where is the fraud? The dealership is willing to pay on this and my understanding is that FORD is will to pay some of this too! :rockon: It is not coming from the new warranty! One thing I want to mention to is the fact that if the motor had been run without oil in it and revved, wooden there be scorching across the full length of the crank, and not in just one area in the center? :shrug: (where the bearing went bad is the only area of scorching) This is something that I notice!

I was also thinking the same as "Top Fuel" on the fact that if I went to court on this, yes I would win the battle but lose the war! I don’t think I would have been out of that much money, but the time and aggravation would drive me crazy! That’s if I won the case! If I lost the case then I would be out of some big money! And a tech, and maybe a assistant manger would have been out of a job! People most likely would lose there jobs either way! Don’t get me wrong I would have gone this rout if I felt that they were being unfair about this!!! :nono: These people seem to be going out of there way to do me a favor! Yes $2,100 is a lot of money too! I guess I will not be getting that "x" pipe, or the porting and polishing that I so badly wanted! But I will have a 90 percent new motor! Plus I have a good warranty that will last me for a wile! I think they see this as one of those things that just happen and they are trying to not only make me happy but also to get me to be a customer in the future. I have to admit that my idea of ford was going down the tubes fast! :nonono: I do feel that if this had fail any place else, they my have said this how much it is going to cost you! PAY UP or Walk! :nonono:
Thanks for all the comments, and the rally for support on this!!!! :bowdown:

I would like someone to comment on the scorching of the crank. What is your reasoning on that? :idea:

Emmerson_Biggins

Huge, that is
Established Member
1Yellow03 said:
I would like someone to comment on the scorching of the crank. What is your reasoning on that? :idea:

No oil means no hydrodynamic wedge. No hydrodynamic wedge means metal to metal contact. If they would have kept the engine running, you would have seen more bluing, but I am not entirely convinced you knew what you were looking at anyway. No offense, just calling it like I see it.

Blowngt92

I'm Slow
Established Member
It will depend on how long the engine was run and which bearing still had some oil left on them. In other words, the center one was probally the first bearing to go completely dry and scorch. The engine would not have taken very long to make some valvetrain noise and the tech to figure out he forgot the oil, but it doesn't take but a few seconds to ruin a bearing without oil.

FireRed04Vert

Established Member
I would pay a lot of money to have the old oil filter back. I really would. I would love to cut it open and see what's inside. If this bearing had been failing, there would be evidence there. But I'm sure that's gone by now.

I would also like to see the oil pump gears. If they show any signs of overheating, it's been run dry. No disputing that.

Did you say just exactly what bearing went down?

I would also inspect under the valve covers. If the bearing has been going out, there absolutely should be some evidence on top of the heads. Check your other bearings. Their absolutely will be metal imbedded in them. If the bearing has failed with the motor running with oil in it, little flakes of bearing material get pumped all over the engine in a very quick time! There is absolutely no way in God's little green earth that a bearing can fail enough to sieze a motor and not have evidence of that all over the inside of the engine. No way in hell. And it will look like metalflake paint. If the rest of the motor is clean, that bearing failed without any oil in it. If the rest of the engine is clean, I would question their conclusion.

But the bottom line is, if you're happy, then let it go. But if the rest of that engine doesn't show contamination, you're being screwed.

I just thought of something!! GO GET THE OIL FILTER ON IT NOW!!! If it failed after they changed the oil, THERE WILL BE BEARING MATERIAL IN THE FILTER!!!!

03Sssnake

TK-421
Established Member
You gotta know when to hold'em and when fold'em. Not all of us have the time and money to fight ford and the dealer. That being said..I am pretty convinced the dealer is covering their asses on this one. I would play ball in this situation and buy the extended warranty...then when the motor was replaced..I'd call up Ford and cancel that F'n extended warranty and cash out...

Last edited:

50 BMG

Socialpath media
Established Member
They seized your engine, no if's and's or but's about it.

I'm sure thats been said many times in here already...

1Yellow03

Established Member
FireRed04Vert said:
I just thought of something!! GO GET THE OIL FILTER ON IT NOW!!! If it failed after they changed the oil, THERE WILL BE BEARING MATERIAL IN THE FILTER!!!!

From the best that I can tell Firered04Vert You nailed it! :thumbsup: Metal flakes in the oil filter! :beer: Just like you call it!!!!!! That would mean that oil was in the motor when the bearing fail!!!! No flakes in the filter would mean the motor was locked and the oil was added later! So you know what this means!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The dealer is working for me, and not out to get me! :rockon: :rockon: :rockon: :rockon: :rockon: :rockon: :rockon: :rockon: I feel 100% sure now that I am one lucky SOB!!!!!!!!! :banana:
Why that moment, why that time! :shrug: Why did it not go out on my way to the shop that day!!! :shrug: Thank you "Firered04Vert"!!!!!!!! You are the man! :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:

FireRed04Vert

Established Member
Wow! I'm not sure I deserve all that praise...it was just common sense...but thank you. I would guess the dealer is probably being straight up with you then. What a coincidence though! I'm glad you are getting the service you are and that you are happy about it.

1Yellow03

Established Member
I will let everyone know the out come of my new motor next week!!!!!! :thumbsup: I am one happy trooper! :pepper: :banana: What are the odds for something like this! Any body want numbers for the lottey!!!!!! :lol1: Thanks again "FireRed"!!!!!! :beer:

1Yellow03

Established Member
Hi all,
I am a very happy guy! :banana: I got my car back late yesterday! The service manger call me to tell me that it would be ready at 4:00! I had a smile the size of Texas. I got to the service desk to tell them that I was there to pick up my car and they said that they did not have the paperwork! So I told them that the service manager was handling my situation personally so the person behind the desk, went and knocked on the service managers door! He had all the paper work warrantees and everything ready for me to sign! They had the car washed and vacumed out for me! It looked like new all over again! The work that was done may or may not be a part of the warrantee that I just got. I am not sure! (it dose not show that it was in the paper work). But it starts from the time of purchase to today, and is good for 6 years. I am covered up to 100,000 miles which ever comes first! All of this is ok with me! The motor sounds good, and it feel like I had a tune up! The sound is not as deep as it was before. I have magnaflows on the car. I was afraid that they would have trouble getting it to run right with the chip, pulley, cold air, and catbacks on the car. Do I need to get the car retune for this motor? :banana:

FireRed04Vert

Established Member
They gave you an extended warranty with the car chipped and pullied??? WOW! Who is this dealer???

Gald you have your car back and your happy!

Moody03SVT

Hear2Learn@Teach
Established Member
WOW, that was a dramatic read! hehe
1Yellow - Congrats that everything worked out the way it did and with the recent findings that you had it chipped, pullied, CAI, and exhaust, WHOLY CRAP you lucked out!!!

I am still concerned though, as to why the bearing spun out if oil was in the engine? and if you did not drive the car hard for the 42k miles? Does this mean that 42k is a point at which we all who have chipped and pullied our cars should expect the engine to die?

Users who are viewing this thread