Help guys

mustang03

New Poster Old Lurker
Established Member
I know exhaust threads are a dime a dozen but, I bought a Bassani catted x-pipe tonight and now have got to get new mufflers. What I would like to know is maybe some suggestions for weld-in mufflers. I can't afford a full catback right now and am really only looking for the sound difference the most. Any suggestions and please no flowmaster I personally cant stand them. Thanks for any help. Oh and props to Dirty Canadian stand up guy (previous owner of my x-pipe) :)

mustang03

New Poster Old Lurker
Established Member
I will give you the fact that that car does sound good, BUT that is just a rev and idle. Doesn't show the horrible drone that Flows have, thats the part I can't stand. Plus my X is catted not off-road. thanks though anymore suggestions.

99riocobra

i like ice cream
Established Member
why not just run the x pipe on the stock catback until you have enough for a full catback? or is that what you're saying sounds so bad?

mustang03

New Poster Old Lurker
Established Member
That is what I have now and the only difference in sound from the stock h is a little more burble no real increase in sound. Just kinda disappointing goin through the work installing the X and sounding almost exactly like stock.

BreBar21

Born in the G-Code
Established Member
You'll probably spend like $150+ to buy and weld in mufflers. You can easily buy a used catback for $250. I'd just wait for a good deal on a catback and jump on it.

Users who are viewing this thread