help guys i got a couple questions.

mmustangsrus

boost makes daddy happy
Established Member
thanks for the input in advance !! so i'm not up on my 2v knowledge.

my little cousin has a 03 GT & wants a s/c on it. & he seen a roush ( just the s/c unit ) & bought it. idk why lol. but anyway

is or whats the diffrence in a roush s/c kit & a " TORK-TECH " kit for the 2v ?GT's

also could/would you want to use the roush s/c with the "tork-tech"

like said thanks for everybody's help :beer:

LilRoush

M112'd Roush x2
Established Member
The Roush blower is an Eaton M90 or an Eaton TVS 2300 depending on what he got. You need a LOT more stuff than just the compressor unit. I hope he isn't in a pinch for money or pressed for time. Roush doesn't make the M90 set up anymore and the guys who have them won't give them up cheap (usually $4K or more). It's a GREAT blower set up for what it is. I think I've seen one used full set up for sale in the last 3 years of watching. Also, most of the blower units floating around ebay are actually for the S197 Roush cars. The snout is the wrong length to use on the earlier 4.6L. Can he confirm which Roush supercharger he has? (Pics???)

The Tork Tech uses the Eaton M112 (bigger) blower from the 03/04 Cobra. It's less refined, but a very nice set up when it's installed.

Sadly, you can't mix and match the blowers due to the physical sizes of them. I'd suggest selling the Roush blower and going with the TT kit if he wants an Eaton on top.

Last edited:

98 Roush

Established Member
Did you cousin buy just the head unit or the head unit with the manifold. I hope he got the manifold with it cause it almost impossible to find a use manifold for that head unit. I was looking around for one for a year and never found one.

cLockWise

Established Member
The Tork Tech kit I thought could handle the Rousch blower too? It was just a different price tier and setup? Or was that speculation that I read that awhile back??

LilRoush

M112'd Roush x2
Established Member
The TT kit will not adapt to the Roush blower at all.

Another thing I thought of at work today is that there are not only 4 generations of Roush Mustang blowers, but also a few for the F150/Expeditions as well.

It would be interesting to see which one he got.

mmustangsrus

boost makes daddy happy
Established Member
ok cool i'll get some pics from him & post'em up. cause i'm not sure what year it is either.

i'm pretty sure it's just the head unit.

KLeech

2V FTW
Established Member
Yep the roush blower will not bolt up to the Tork tech manifold, as the roush one has a manifold specifically dedicated to it. I'd get him to sell the roush blower and start looking into buying pieces for the Tork tech kit!

Users who are viewing this thread