HELP! good and affordable remote tuner needed!

SOVACobra03

I have an addiction......
Established Member
So I'm switching over to e85 and every time I think I have a tuner lined up I find out that they have bad reviews or I can't get them to respond constantly. So who is using a good remote tune and who tuned it?

cj428mach

Established Member
Don Lasota @ Lasota racing.

I have his PRP package and his customer service is excellent. A friend decided to buy the hand held and remote tunes from him and was extremely pleased with him. The customer service can't really be beat and he's the guy that writes a lot of tuning guides.

Last edited:

HuntFishCobra

Established Member
Premium Member
Don Lasota @ Lasota racing.

I have his PRP package and his customer service is excellent. A friend just decide to buy the hand held and remote tunes from him and was extremely pleased with him. The customer service can't really be beat and he's the guy that writes a lot of tuning guides.

how much was the PRP package if you don't mind me asking? Been thinking about having him revise my tune and then learning myself from there.

cj428mach

Established Member
how much was the PRP package if you don't mind me asking? Been thinking about having him revise my tune and then learning myself from there.

The price is on his website I think it was close to $450 for the software, tuning manual and tuning dvd.

I was nervous about tuning mine and asked Don if I wussed out would he make me the tune for me and he said yes that was an option. Basically I'd pay for him to remote tune it but I could own the tune and make my own changes with the PRP software. As of right now I've relied on people on various boards, the tuning manual, and Don and have gotten along just fine.

So far since owning the PRP software with Don's Base tune setup for my combo I've made many changes. I've modified my tune for a different MAF setup, changed injectors, went return fuel system and now added e85. I love that I'm not tied up by a tuner. In the past I had Amazon Tuning Solutions and i'd have to start bugging Rick for a tune weeks before I was going to do my Mods in hopes I'd have a tune to install on my car after I was done.

I see you're close to the KC area, Malcolmv8 has the PRP and tunes his own stuff. I'm sure he'd help get you going.

Last edited:

ZeroSVT

Established Member

If you're in the KC area. I can help you out with tuning as well.

I have a tad bit experiance :p

Cheers,
-Matt

SOVACobra03

I have an addiction......
Established Member
I was really considering tuning this thing myself but having no experience I was very hesitate. This prp package sounds really interesting with all the support you get.

ZeroSVT

Established Member
Holy crap does every cobra in KC run PRP? lol. I'm about to start tuning mine after the return install/E85.

I'm not a PRP. I'm an OEM calibrator... big difference :p

I do have SCT advantage though... its so so :)

I was really considering tuning this thing myself but having no experience I was very hesitate. This prp package sounds really interesting with all the support you get.

It is a great application for people starting out. The thing is you just got to know where to ask for help, and do all your due diligence first.

Cheers,
-Matt

Last edited:

HuntFishCobra

Established Member
Premium Member
Well that kind of answers my initial question, I'll keep you all in mind! And yep I know Malcolm pretty well, called him while I was doing suspension stuff haha. ZeroSVT, thank you for the offer! I may be hitting you up if I bite the bullet this winter as well

cj428mach

Established Member
Well that kind of answers my initial question, I'll keep you all in mind! And yep I know Malcolm pretty well, called him while I was doing suspension stuff haha. ZeroSVT, thank you for the offer! I may be hitting you up if I bite the bullet this winter as well

I think one thing that really helps on these cars is that most of the time you leave 98% of the tune alone since we're forced induction. Almost everything about the tune stays the same until the boost comes on. Now if you were building a stroker, Boosting CR, with radical cams, sheet metal intake etc... it could get pretty hairy pretty quick.

If ZeroSVT is close and reasonable that might be a decent option. I've just read on numerous local Kansas Boards that the only good tuners weren't even in this state, which blew me away. I figured KC alone would have 20+ Mustang shops with competent tuners.

HuntFishCobra

Established Member
Premium Member
I think one thing that really helps on these cars is that most of the time you leave 98% of the tune alone since we're forced induction. Almost everything about the tune stays the same until the boost comes on. Now if you were building a stroker, Boosting CR, with radical cams, sheet metal intake etc... it could get pretty hairy pretty quick.

If ZeroSVT is close and reasonable that might be a decent option. I've just read on numerous local Kansas Boards that the only good tuners weren't even in this state, which blew me away. I figured KC alone would have 20+ Mustang shops with competent tuners.

Yeah the shops around here are pretty much all poo from what i've heard. Even St. Louis only has like 1 or 2 from what I've heard.

MercuryLs

Established Member
If your in the Kansas area check out "LSXkilr Custom Calibrations". They have TWO Chassis Dynos. One is a twin roller Eddy current Loaded dyno, the other is a 24" roller inertia only dyno that they can take mobile. They were at the Mustang/Fbody meet car show (part 1) @ Chux Trux in KC this past friday, and they will be there again this friday.

Ask around, you will hear nothing but great news!

www.facebook.com/LSXkilr

Users who are viewing this thread