Help going to the track in 13 gt500??

baby2000

Established Member
Well my buddy bought a 2013 and its go longtube header exhaust and intake. He went last week and could only muster a 12.1@121 with 1.99 60' with nitto nto5. He was afraid to take off the traction control. We im gonna drive it on Wednesday and need some pointers. I know I have to take off the traction control. What psi should I be running on this tires? Please give me some pointer as we are betting dinner for who ever drives the car faster.

Ghoust

Will Over Skill
Established Member
Put the car in advance trac sport locked: (sport setting for the steering wheel, sport setting for the suspension. Then with the traction control on, press brake and tap the t/c button twice)

Do a solid 5 second burnout and use the L/C at 3800 rpm. Dump the clutch and go. If you bog the launch, increase the RPMs on the L/C, if you spin, lower it.

If you are using NT05rs, I would start by running them at 20PSI and adjust down accordingly.

OKBandit

Established Member
No, to turn it off you need to push and hold the button for 5 sec or more out of gear with foot on brake.

Lethalchem

Sigmund Frod
Established Member
Put the car in advance trac sport locked: (sport setting for the steering wheel, sport setting for the suspension. Then with the traction control on, press brake and tap the t/c button twice)

Do a solid 5 second burnout and use the L/C at 3800 rpm. Dump the clutch and go. If you bog the launch, increase the RPMs on the L/C, if you spin, lower it.

If you are using NT05rs, I would start by running them at 20PSI and adjust down accordingly.

I disagree. Don't "dump the clutch" if the vehicle doesn't have the clutch protection programming turned off with an aftermarket tune.

Ghoust

Will Over Skill
Established Member
I disagree. Don't "dump the clutch" if the vehicle doesn't have the clutch protection programming turned off with an aftermarket tune.

Ahh, I forgot about the clutch protection. Mine has been turned off and the clutch assist spring has been out since month 1 of ownership.

paluka21

Established Member
Ahh, I forgot about the clutch protection. Mine has been turned off and the clutch assist spring has been out since month 1 of ownership.

Aren't you getting bog with just dumping the clutch? Seem this nose heavy car launches best (at least for me) slipping it out off the line on drag radials.

Users who are viewing this thread