Help gfgdr in rear 315/30/18 mounted on car and rubbing???

03redrocket

Established Member
Mounted these on 18 saleens and while the car was in the air they rub?? What am I doing wrong, spacers or adapters needed??

Julian

03snkvert

Established Member
May need to get the round head bolts for the IRS or shave them down. Where exactly are the hitting?

kameleon23

Established Member
Mounted these on 18 saleens and while the car was in the air they rub?? What am I doing wrong, spacers or adapters needed??

Julian

Keep in mind that when your car is on the lift just because they rub may not mean they wont fit. Put the car on the ground then see if you have any clearance issues...once the weight of the car is on the tires the top of the tire is farther away from the bolt.

RCMPSVT

Established Member
Yea let the car down they prob wont rub I have the exact same wheels and tires as you and in the air they rub but on the groound its close so I got the rounded bolts and Im good to go

04MystiCobra

Tuning L&M heart
Established Member
I'm running the same combo(Saleens w/ BDG DRs). I use a 5/16 spacer and button head bolts. Rolled my fenders alittle too.
3sept04pics0191uv3.jpg

3sept04pics0231pm2.jpg

Last edited:

03redrocket

Established Member
Keep in mind that when your car is on the lift just because they rub may not mean they wont fit. Put the car on the ground then see if you have any clearance issues...once the weight of the car is on the tires the top of the tire is farther away from the bolt.

I did this after your help and it did not rub. But if I raised the car up a little it still rubbed so I added a spacer and that helped .

Thank You!!!

Users who are viewing this thread