HELP! Front end noises killing me!

RedfireRed03

Established Member
I've seen threads on this, but want to ask for advice on my specific setup. I know very little about Mustang front suspension being a Camaro guy for the last decade.

I bought a car with all UPR front setup (used to be turbo car) including K member, A arms, coilovers, bumpsteer kit, and I believe the C/C plates are UPR as well. I'm having just about every noise a front end can have.

1. Lots of popping and creaking from driver side. Is it more likely the coilover, the C/C plates, or maybe something else like the wheel bearing assembly? I know coilovers make some noise, but how can I make this setup as quiet as possible? Would I be better off with another brand coilover setup?

2. How do I tell if the C/C plates are properly adjusted? I know NOTHING about CC plate setups, and the car is lowered quite a bit as well.

3. Steering rack creak. Changed out rubber bushings for polyurethane since the MM aluminum kit requires cutting on the UPR K to fit, but the noise is still there. Any ideas? They are not offset. Would the offset bushings quiet the creak?

4. Is it possible to run the stock spring setup with UPR K members? If so, what do I need to go back to it if I decide to?

Thanks for any help. I want to like this car, but seriously considering ditching it for another F-body or Vette at this point.

03 DSG Snake

Unknown Cyborg
Established Member
The UPR gear is most likely causing the noise.

Switch to MM or stock parts.

2. Take it to an alignment shop.

3. You don't want offset bushings.

4. No.

RedfireRed03

Established Member
Thanks for the info. I was afraid that the UPR stuff was the problem and wasn't compatible with stock. I'll have to deal with it for now until it becomes priority in the budget.

Users who are viewing this thread