help from some South Fl SVT guys

94five0

*Click*
Established Member
hey guys, i'm unfortunately, not down in florida. I do, however, have some business that would bring me down your way. It seems my great uncle purchased some land down near Ft. Myers back in the 40's after WWII..
I beleive it was one of those "land scam" deals at the time, (you pay an exorbanant amount of cash for swamp land down in florida to "retire" to") which i'm sure people of cooler heads warned him about doing...)
but he bought it anyway, and when he died, transfered ownership of this property to my Grandmother and so forth untill it transfered to my father.

but as of lately, my father who now owns this property has received ALOT of offers for this land.. several different real estate companies located in South florida wanting to purchase it

without a topographical map in front of me, we were just trying to get a feel for the land.. if this might be somthing worth holding on to. It's situated in Lehigh Acres if that means anything. But we were debating taking a trip down to look at the property. but knowing its probably a vacant lot not sure if this would be worth the trec.

if any of you are in or around Ft. Myers or Lehigh Acres, please chime in.

edz

Retired.
Established Member
My Son in Law is in Real Estate in Ft. Myers, if you will e-mail me a legal description, or address, I will have him check it out.

FordSVTFan

Oh, the humanity of it all.
Established Member
94five0 said:
hey guys, i'm unfortunately, not down in florida. I do, however, have some business that would bring me down your way. It seems my great uncle purchased some land down near Ft. Myers back in the 40's after WWII..
I beleive it was one of those "land scam" deals at the time, (you pay an exorbanant amount of cash for swamp land down in florida to "retire" to") which i'm sure people of cooler heads warned him about doing...)
but he bought it anyway, and when he died, transfered ownership of this property to my Grandmother and so forth untill it transfered to my father.

but as of lately, my father who now owns this property has received ALOT of offers for this land.. several different real estate companies located in South florida wanting to purchase it

without a topographical map in front of me, we were just trying to get a feel for the land.. if this might be somthing worth holding on to. It's situated in Lehigh Acres if that means anything. But we were debating taking a trip down to look at the property. but knowing its probably a vacant lot not sure if this would be worth the trec.

if any of you are in or around Ft. Myers or Lehigh Acres, please chime in.

I live in Tampa. I own a parcel of 10 buildable lots in Lehigh Acres. It is basically a suburb of Fort Myers. Just in the last two years the vacant land value has skyrocketed.

I paid $80K for all 10 lots and last week my realtor got a call asking if they were for sale, which they arent, but he offered $35K each.

They are valuable, no doubt. You can pull the tax map for Lee County and see exactly where the property is located. Then you can compare to other property that has sold recently and get a decent feeling for what it is worth.

good luck

brucewrs

UDLOSE
Established Member
My friend bought a lot there 12 years ago for $10,000... He just sold it 3 weeks ago for $160,000... Now thats a nice profit!!!

Users who are viewing this thread