Help from a paitent member please?

Wile E. Coyote

Established Member
Hey guys, I'm getting ready to order the I1 kit from procharger, I've decided this is the FI route I want to go but before I install it I want to do all the necessary supporting mods first. Which ever they may be. If someone can sit here with me and tell me the areas I need to upgrade for this kit and what brands are good I would appreciate it extremely I'm want to be at 700-750 at the wheel. My budget is where it needs to be I just need my shopping list and I'm ready to buy.

Thanks in advance for anyone willing to help me out.

Boss949

Established Member
Wile,

Here's what I would do.

1. I'm currently running AED tunes, so as I'm putting together a program to add a supercharger, my first call is to Shaun (AED) to see what his recommendations are for the kit.

Are you using a Tuner? I would seek him out for the build.

2. Shifting. The Boss shifter is notorious for terrible shifting under heavy load. When you add the Procharger, you'll really need help here.

I added the MGW shifter. MGW is awesome and completely changed the 2-3. I also had a problem with 1-2 shifts (drag racing) lockout; road racing typically gets 3-4 shift lockout. Not many mess with mod, but I love it : CHE K member brace with V8 engine torque limiters.
View the V8 K-Member Brace with Engine Torque Limiters<br>Part # CHE7LA at http://www.cheperformance.com

3. Suspension: you've got to be able to get that power to the wheels. Pan Hard, LCA's, Torque arm kit, lowering springs, etc.. (mine in signature).

I'm sure others here on the forum who have much more knowledge will add their thoughts to help you.

Have fun.

ps. that I1 kit looks awesome.

darreng505

Established Member
Check if the I1 even has a tuner kit. I know procharger has a very complex tune for it that I wouldnt trust someone else to replicate. Its a complex beast.

ace72ace

Egi Actum
Established Member
Driveshaft Shop aluminum 'shaft. Upgraded motor mounts? How about an upgraded clutch? Heard good things about the Centerforce one, but it's a bit noisy... MGW install is best done when are swapping out the drive shaft. I bet a set of Kooks long tube headers would sound sick with your setup, and then you wouldn't hear any noises from the tranny. :coolman:

Wile E. Coyote

Established Member
I will be using a tuner I was thinking about Lund since my friends with GT500s speak highly of him, I have been looking at the mgw shifter the only thing keeping me from pulling the trigger is, is the mt82 strong enough or do I need a stronger trans, suspension... I'm currently ordering everything tonight, is there any need for a stronger axle?

Drive shafts what's the big difference in aluminum to carbon fiber, good looks on the clutch and motor mount upgrade will be looking into that now

Tuner kit? Bare with me I'm learning, will I need this if I find a tuner I trust?

Posted via Topify on Android

666boss302

Established Member
I will be using a tuner I was thinking about Lund since my friends with GT500s speak highly of him, I have been looking at the mgw shifter the only thing keeping me from pulling the trigger is, is the mt82 strong enough or do I need a stronger trans, suspension... I'm currently ordering everything tonight, is there any need for a stronger axle?

Drive shafts what's the big difference in aluminum to carbon fiber, good looks on the clutch and motor mount upgrade will be looking into that now

Tuner kit? Bare with me I'm learning, will I need this if I find a tuner I trust?

For thag power go aluminum no need to wast $ but if you have the money up your tranny now save from buying a new clutch and drive shaft when the stock one goes. But im stock tranny atm and have no problems on thee street and putting 663 rwhp. Have NOT draged my car yet I hear the launches is where the stock tranny will go. An if your going over 700 rwhp id sag go with 100lbs injectors and a complete fule return system!!

darreng505

Established Member

A tuner kit is designed (and able) to be tuned by a third party and doesn't come with tune devices, tune files, etc. Not all forced induction kits make 3rd party tuning easy. And I'm pretty sure the I1 does not. It's a new proprietary technology (one that includes its own ECU), AFAIK requires a proprietary tune (which procharger invested years and tons of money to develop). This would not easily (or at all) be reproduced by a generic tuner (reputable or otherwise).

Just double check with procharger on this before buying please.

Last edited:

Wile E. Coyote

Established Member
I'm home on leave currently and will be in touch with procharger to ask some questions, granted everything is the way I want it, I will be taking the plunge after leave. Just ordered control arms, mounts, springs, and relocation brackets. Looking to get adjustable shocks and struts too. Also upgrading to tremec magnum XL. Kooks long tube headers with x pipe that still utilize the beautiful quad exhaust. Also stage 3 comp cams. I'm sure there is more once I get it ask lined out I'll post my build. Happy news years btw, felt great to surprise the family.

Para81

Established Member
After you get that Procharger installed i'd be interested in seeing your Boss. I'm over in Navarre Beach (currently working overseas) but back soon.

Users who are viewing this thread