Help Forum...

Ferrcad

Established Member
New member here and hopefully you can answer some of my questions... I am going back and forth regarding my order/cancel of a 2014 GT500 Convertible. I am trying to maximize the delivery to June/July or later due to needing a little more down payment money... Is there any defined date for start of production of the 2014... Also, if I order it my concern it would come in early... Any input would be deeply appreciated on what you have seen on the 2013 deliveries... Got what seems to be good price of for the 2014 vert, Ruby Red, Recaro, svt performance pkg 821A and Electronics pkg... But just hate to order and have it come in around March, April or May... Thanks for any input the forum may provide... Pittsburgh, PA area
:thumbsup:

Iceman5000

Speedfreak
Established Member
Trying to guess when your car will get built is harder than winning the lottery. It could be first or you may still be waiting next October. Production is supposed to start around Feb 1. There is no rhyme nor reason as to how Ford schedules cars to be built.

Last edited:

idaho

Established Member
Your dealer may have some flexibility to slow down the order to "no earlier than June" (e.g. give you an allocation for a later quarter, delay in submitting the order, etc). They may not want to, however. Due to the low production capacity there is probably no way to time it exactly in June/July because SVT order fulfilment is highly political (definitely not first-come first-served).

Ferrcad

Established Member
Thanks for the quick post guys... It is really confusing... I have heard so many different dates it is like impossible to plan this purchase.... I have heard Feburary productions, March productions so at this point not sure how to proceed... My VOC currently shows the right numbers... Priority 10, Order Type: 1 Pricing level 415 but once again just wondering if I should roll the dice and push it back to January for a little later build... Any suggestions or inside information... Also, is it true that dealer Allocations will not be dished out till January? I received an email from my dealer who forwarded the information from the local PA Ford representative...

Last edited:

mwilson6192

Established Member
Your dealer may have some flexibility to slow down the order to "no earlier than June" (e.g. give you an allocation for a later quarter, delay in submitting the order, etc). They may not want to, however. Due to the low production capacity there is probably no way to time it exactly in June/July because SVT order fulfilment is highly political (definitely not first-come first-served).

Idaho - your post caught my eye, specifically the phrase "... SVT order fulfilment is highly political ...". I was curious as to how you know this to be true? Is it who you know, or how well your local Ford Zone Rep is known to the SVT Scheduling Team, or something else?

09Troublemaker

" That don't sound stock"
Established Member
problem with waiting is losing the allocation and having to find one or pay the crazy ADM's, etc.. FWIW, I placed my order about 2 weeks ago and my SVT guy felt I should see delivery late May or in June... He want on to say I could change specs of order as late as the end of Feb. With Vin # coming sometime in March/April..

IMO, place the order and if you have to leave a deposit, it would be refundable as the car will not sit long at the dealer...good luck

Ferrcad

Established Member
problem with waiting is losing the allocation and having to find one or pay the crazy ADM's, etc.. FWIW, I placed my order about 2 weeks ago and my SVT guy felt I should see delivery late May or in June... He want on to say I could change specs of order as late as the end of Feb. With Vin # coming sometime in March/April..

IMO, place the order and if you have to leave a deposit, it would be refundable as the car will not sit long at the dealer...good luck

Thanks for the input Trouble... Everyone seems to say that Convertible builds seem to get built quicker then coupes...

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Nothing gets built faster than another... there's no telling what number your car will be.. It could be the very first 14 (hopefully it's not, and mine is).

Honestly, I would talk to your dealer. If they are willing, they can put a hold on the order until February...and then take it off. Hopefully that would kick some cars in front of you. But then at the same time, you might be waiting until October at that point.

It's a guessing game..

The easiest thing to do would just be stashing a little extra money for the down payment whenever it comes in.

Ferrcad

Established Member
Cobra... That is why I need the car to come in either May/June or later to "bank" some extra money for the down payment... This is like playing craps... No one has a handle on when production will begin... As I said, I have heard Feburary, then March.... Really would like to get a better idea but it seems no one has the answer...

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Cobra... That is why I need the car to come in either May/June or later to "bank" some extra money for the down payment... This is like playing craps... No one has a handle on when production will begin... As I said, I have heard Feburary, then March.... Really would like to get a better idea but it seems no one has the answer...

Right now my dealer rep is saying that it will begin either the 1st or 2nd weekend in February. If I were you, I would just talk with your dealer nicely and see if they will put a hold on the order for you until after the first round of scheduling is out. The only reason they wouldn't is if they are hoping for a second allocation.

But on the flip side, if they are expecting a 2nd allocation, maybe that would be more up your alley? I would be weary though, because a lot of dealers promised a 2nd allocation to customers, and had to call back and say they only were able to get 1.

I'd flip a coin. :shrug:

Ferrcad

Established Member
Right now my dealer rep is saying that it will begin either the 1st or 2nd weekend in February. If I were you, I would just talk with your dealer nicely and see if they will put a hold on the order for you until after the first round of scheduling is out. The only reason they wouldn't is if they are hoping for a second allocation.

But on the flip side, if they are expecting a 2nd allocation, maybe that would be more up your alley? I would be weary though, because a lot of dealers promised a 2nd allocation to customers, and had to call back and say they only were able to get 1.

I'd flip a coin. :shrug:

As I said above... The Ford rep in the Pittsburgh Area are stating allocation plans will not be released until January 2013... It would sure be nice to find out when the actual 2014 production date will be...

Users who are viewing this thread