Help For Some People With Garage Door Openers

nuxx

Established Member
Hey Guys,

Didn't see much about this posted, but I wasted about an hour messing with the garage door opener yesterday.

Followed the instructions in the manual with no luck. Tried three different controls on three different openers with no luck.

Finally figured out my car doesn't have HomeLink, but has Car2U. The manual never mentions Car2U.

The steps to program Car2U:
1. Hold down 1st and 3rd buttons for 20 seconds until they flash to clear codes if the car isn't new (Mine's new, still did it lol).
2. Hold down 1st and 3rd buttons for 2 seconds, should stay solid.
3. Hit the learn button on your opener until it starts flashing.
4. Hold down the button you want to program on your car until the door moves then let go.
5. That button should flash fast until it is done.
6. Hold down programmed button until door moves again, let go... you're done.

Did our three openers in less than 5 minutes after figuring out I had Car2U.

Thanks,
-Peter

Last edited:

Norton

Long-time SVT Enthusiast
Established Member
Good info. There's related thread here.

I'm curious whether you were able to program any function beyond the basic door open/close (i.e., turn light on/off)? I had no trouble programming the open/close function with my LiftMaster opener, but have had zero luck matching the light on/off functionality offered by the 3-button remotes that came with the opener.

BCPD199

Established Member
God does that bring back memories from the first day I brought her home! I bet I spent an hour reading the owner's manual and trying to program the damn remote! On Ford's website, you can download the proper owner's manual that has the CAR2U info. It seems there's two or three 2013 manual revisions.

Kapy

Established Member
I still cannot get mine to work.

I gave up a long time ago, but gave the Car2U a chance. Still did not work.

Oh well.

raustin0017

Established Member
Remember when computers/electronics was going to make our life easier? No matter what car I have tried...it always is a pain in the @ss to get the doors working. On wife's BMW 528i the dealer had to send a rep out to the house. It took him over an hour just to get one door working. Never could get both working at the same time.

Kapy

Established Member
Remember when computers/electronics was going to make our life easier? No matter what car I have tried...it always is a pain in the @ss to get the doors working. On wife's BMW 528i the dealer had to send a rep out to the house. It took him over an hour just to get one door working. Never could get both working at the same time.

I have owned numerous Acura's and my current TL has no problem synching up to my garage door opener.

Why my $35,000 more of a Mustang cannot, just boggles my mind.

Brut4ce

Established Member
We have a 2011 Explorer and a 2013 F150 and neither one will work. My 2008 Acura worked perfectly. I don't get it either.

Kapy

Established Member
We have a 2011 Explorer and a 2013 F150 and neither one will work. My 2008 Acura worked perfectly. I don't get it either.

Frustrating indeed. I haven't made it an issue at the dealership because I know there is nothing they can do.

I will be Fred Flintstone with the bulky opener sitting in the Shelby.

TJR12

TJR12
Established Member
I wish I would of saw this before I spent way too much time sitting in my driveway getting pissed off that I couldn't get the homelink to work. Followed the car2u instructions and had it working in about 2 minutes. Thanks!

BCPD199

Established Member
I wish I would of saw this before I spent way too much time sitting in my driveway getting pissed off that I couldn't get the homelink to work. Followed the car2u instructions and had it working in about 2 minutes. Thanks!

I feel your pain brother! I could of written your post above! I went through exactly what you did.

Ford, if your reading this, learn from this. Great way to ruin a customer's new car experience. Sure, the garage door opener is minor; but, extremely frustrating none the less.

Users who are viewing this thread