help for my 99 cobra please?

dropzoneSVT

Established Member
ok guys im very pissed off. now im not THE most experienced race guy in the world. (im only 19) but tonight i lost off the line to a 93-96 Z28 bone stock. i caught him by the time i was out of 2nd but by then he slowed as i was passing him and turned off like he had won. i didnt burn um out i just figured the car would have enough that i could just jump with no spin and let 1st 2nd do all the work on him. i used to think my first rolled pretty good. but this is the first race ive had off a light though, (all others were rolling starts) so what can i do to give it some balls off the line ? will a 3:73 really help it out that much? cause i need that torque and hp off the line but i dont want to have a top speed of like 120mph. its a high rev engine of course but what will be bad effects of 3:73 if any AND are there any of you guys that have dohc cobra with 3:73? whats your top end look like?

rob

99 red mustang cobra conv't w/ tan top
275rwhp 285.5 rwtorque on dyno after "fix"
#'d something out of a lot
8,500 original miles!

kwiksnake

Established Member
I have a 99 w/3.73's. I just took a long drive and still avereged 24 mpg on the highway. 70 mph at about 2600 rpm in 5th. The redline in 1st comes quick, 2nd seems to be a bit longer. I finished the 1/4 mile in 3rd at 6400 rpm's. If I did it again though, I would put 4.10's in it.

Liv4Spd

Established Member
Didn't you hear, your car came from the factory underpowered:p

99cobrablack

Non-premium'
Established Member
Originally posted by Liv4Spd
Didn't you hear, your car came from the factory underpowered:p
Hey didn't you hear about "the fix." Driver technique is everything on these cars, but if you are wanting to do gear swaps, go 4:30's, but thats just me :rockon:

Users who are viewing this thread