help for a slight leak..

nabisco

Established Member
I just bought a 96 cobra convert. about 3 weeks ago, and now I am noticing a slight leak from the engine bay on the floor in my garage, it seems to be green like radiator fluid, but " watered down" the puddle was about the size of a silver dollar. I know this is very broad, but where could a coolant leak be coming from? can someone point out some areas I could look at to see? it also doesnt leak every day or time I drive it..

thanks for any advice :beer:

Aaron

nabisco

Established Member
dead on in the middle, right below the pulleys, its not alot and its not every time, I did a search and couldnt find exactly what mine is doing? should I be worried? I just want to be sure it not something really bad!

nabisco

Established Member
how hard is it to change all the hoses on the coolant system? and how many are there to be certain? my dad and I were going to try this this weekend, they seem original and are really soft.

I appreciate the help everyone!

Quadcammer

4cams aren't better then1
Established Member
how hard is it?

um, if you can remove clamps its not hard. Just make sure the hoses are the right parts and its a piece of cake.

I agree that water in the center of the car is most likely from the water pump, but thats also very easy to fix.

there is 1 upper radiator hose, one hose from the crossover to the thermo, one from the oil cooler to the thermo, and one from the thermo to the lower radiator.

98slowbra

Established Member
I remember having a bad water pump on a different car and when it was cold it used to leak, when it warmed up it did not. So maybe that could help, but i did replace the water pump and the leak was gone.

Users who are viewing this thread