Help finding JDM 15" drag rims

venomous

snapping like a squirrel
Established Member
Many years ago there were some sets of 15" drag rims made by/for JDM that were used on several Lightnings....including mine. The previous owner had a set on this truck and I cannot find a set of these rear rims anywhere. They are steel and were widened to 10" from what I know. Black centers and polished lips.

If anyone has a set, knows where there is a set, I would really appreciate any help.

Not my truck...Rob's old truck. Using as an example as to what wheels I am looking for.

jdm151031560.jpg

Here is mine:
dsc02249be.jpg

Thanks

Last edited:

Ct.TOPGUN

Established Member
There are a couple sets of these 15" steel wheels around, but they were not sold in large numbers. You will have to be real lucky to find a set. SouthJerseyStang sold a set last year when he seperated out the truck formerly owned by Rob Caruso and Mike from NJ. The fastest truck out of the JDM shop to date(but not for long). Is this your truck?

Jim

venomous

snapping like a squirrel
Established Member
My truck is Mark Corneglio's old truck.. Sal from PSP built the truck and he was running 10.85's with it back in 2006. I think his old screen name was StLouis Lightning...on N...L...O...C. There are a few arcticles about his truck at Gateway Intl Dragway.

I actually got a hold of JDM and they quoted me 1121.00 for the 2 rear wheels shipped to my door. For that price I'll just get Bogarts!!

I just wanted a unique 15" street/strip wheel without having to use spacers/adapters. I know these will work since they were on it before. I was going to use a Centerline Qualifier 17x7 up front with powdercoated center. For other rear wheels a 15" True Forged hoop won't work on their line of forged wheels and I talked to Louie at Centerline...we were not sure if the hoop would work either.

My intent is to run a 315/60/15 MT ET Street Drag radial on the rear.

Last edited:

Ct.TOPGUN

Established Member
Yeah, at that price I would rather buy the Bogart. They can make a streetable wheel for you if you want.

I remember talking with Mark back in the old days!

Jim

black03kbcobra

Flawless Victory!
Established Member
I may actually know someone that has a complete set. The guy that owns the shop I take my vehicles to asked me if I would be interested in buying them since I just bought an L. If your interested I could give him a call and see if he still has them if you want?

venomous

snapping like a squirrel
Established Member
^^^^Yes please. You can PM me and I can pm you my number...I really appreciate it.

On another note I just got an email from JDM earlier. They are rechecking the prices..apparantly they were giving me pricing on different rims with billet centers.

Users who are viewing this thread